AODE Virgin!!!

stangrich

Dec 26, 2003
I am going to have my 1994 Mustang GT's AODE transmission rebuilt. I need a little help. I have around $400-$500 to spend on the rebuild kit and the torque converter. What's the best solution. I installed a TransGo shift kit in it about 5 months ago. Do I need to take that out??? What's the best stall converter range for my application??? I only have headers,pulley,shift kit,65mm throttle body w spacer and a couple of other knick knacks here and there. Please help, I am in the process of getting suckered by a couple of Ebay sellers. Thanks!!!!!!!!!1

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for all the great help guyz!!!

Don't all of you jump out there all at once to help me with my problem. Can anyone, I repeat anyone hear me now????? LOL. Seriously if there is someone out there that has had some tranny work done or is familiar with this can you help me out with a little advice????

Dude:

First: Welcome to our boards.
Second: <marquee> C....H....I....L....L...!!</marquee>

You cant just come on a new board and start complaining after only 1:20 minutes of no reply. Most guys here DONT have AODE's.

Third: A Good Torque converter is gonna cost MORE than you have to spend. A rebuild kit ($300) Diode kit ($230) , and Input shaft ($150) (the basics of the rebuild) will cost you about $700 from ART CARR (they are very helpful).

You may opt for a Deep tranny pan but with a cooler ($60), the $180-pan is not really needed.

Good luck
RC

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

94GTLaserRC said:
Dude:

First: Welcome to our boards.
Second: <marquee> C....H....I....L....L...!!</marquee>

You cant just come on a new board and start complaining after only 1:20 minutes of no reply. Most guys here DONT have AODE's.

Third: A Good Torque converter is gonna cost MORE than you have to spend. A rebuild kit ($300) Diode kit ($230) , and Input shaft ($150) (the basics of the rebuild) will cost you about $700 from ART CARR (they are very helpful).

You may opt for a Deep tranny pan but with a cooler ($60), the $180-pan is not really needed.

Good luck
RC
Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've sold in the classified section before but have never posted or replied to any questions. Thanks for the helpful advice. So as far as just rebuilding my tranny with a rebuild kit and buying a converter on Ebay you wouldn't recommend it???
Anyone interested in Crossed Drilled and Slotted rotors email me!!!!!! I gotz them all. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks again LaserRC.

stangrich said:
Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've sold in the classified section before but have never posted or replied to any questions. Thanks for the helpful advice. So as far as just rebuilding my tranny with a rebuild kit and buying a converter on Ebay you wouldn't recommend it???
Anyone interested in Crossed Drilled and Slotted rotors email me!!!!!! I gotz them all. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
Hey What else are you selling that's chromed out??? I am planning on Chroming my engine real soon. How do I post some pics of my Stang???? I tried to leave some pics I have loaded in my computer but it wouldn't work. Thanks again!!!!!!

Oh by the way, I am sorry I forgot to mention the following. My car starts vibrating like hell at around 1,500 rpms. It does this while in park and while I am driving. I have had the harmonic balancer go out on me once before, not a pretty feeling!!!! This almost feels similar except alot less violent. I was told my torque converter was going to the dumps. Hence, this is why I asked the original question about the torque converter. I might as well rebuild my tranny. The car has over 110,000. Thanks for listening to my menial problems!!!!!!!!!!

Do what most on here do....either get your parents to help, get a credit card or a loan. I only suggest these for an emergency situation tho cuz all three can come back to bite you in your butt.

The rebuild of an aod-e is very costly. You will end up paying at minimum for a good rebuild kit $275, plus at least $250 for the labor, right there you are over $500. The Precision Industries converter that I have costs around $750, hardened input shaft about $145, Performance Automatic full manaual valvebody with transbrake was a little under $500. I picked up a NEW deep pan, the Ford unit that is on the 4R70W, the newer aod-e, for like 30 bucks. The tranny cooler will cost anywhere from $60-$100 depending on how big you go. The way I look at it, do it right the first time and not have to worry about it later.

don't do the same mistake i did. i still have the (stuped) AOD-E trany on my car. i install a rebuild kit (shifting kit) and a have a stall converter 2500 RPM. at first it was very good and shift nice and firm.. but now after i add some mods it's a pease of junk specailly when i added the nitrous. it won't shift right and it takes 1 sec to shift from 1st to 2nd gear. my advice if u have some money go with a good new transmision. i just bought a new TKO swap kit that i'm installing on my car soon.

94stang-lover said:
don't do the same mistake i did. i still have the (stuped) AOD-E trany on my car. i install a rebuild kit (shifting kit) and a have a stall converter 2500 RPM.
OK, a rebuild kit is not a shift kit. A shift kit only changes the line pressure for firmer shifts. A rebuild kit replaces clutches, steels, seals, and the OD band. If the tranny is built right with good parts, it will hold power that TKOs are rated at plus some.

The place that is fairly local down here that Art Carr recommended said that they build a lot of the Auto's (C4 included) that race up at Moroso. He said the Kit, Diode, and Input shaft that Art Carr has, along with my PI Stallion will hold up to about 600 HP on the car by the time they get done with the work.
IF you are modding the car A lot over the next year...WAIT on the converter. If you get a PI, they will restall it one time for you within the 2-yr warranty period.

RC