aode

dadslx

Nov 11, 2006
hello just had some newbie questions regarding a aode transmission from a 95 stang gt. im throwing one behind a 90 5.0 engine. both of which are being dropped in to a 97 eclipse spyder rwd conversion. i figured out for the 5.0 to obd complaint i will need to use a 97 f250 5.8 ecu and engine harness. now the issues lies in the ecu for the f250. the f250 used a e4od trans behind the 5.8. i of course want to use a aode that has been recently overhauled. Is there a way to to make this work? i already figured the ecu from the 250 will not control the aode so i was going to get a manual transmission ecu. So would there be a way to say use a manual valve body or something alond those line to control the aode trans. i could care less about the overdrive feature and care more about just getting it on the road asap. So essentialy im looking for the cheapest route to make this work without having to buy a new trans or a$400 controller.

• Sponsors (?)

The 95 Mustang came with a 4R70W. The 4R70W is an electronically (PCM) controlled transmission.

Any transmission that bolts up to a Modular motor (4.6 Mustang GT) will NOT bolt up to a V6 or 5.0 OHV.

In your plans, don't forget about the speedometer/speed sensor.