Appraisal of supercharged 2000 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

growlinGT

May 18, 2006
San Jose, CA
Hey guys,

I have a 2000 GT that I may consider selling if I can get a fair value for it. But the issue is that I don't know what a fair value for this vehicle should be.

According to KBB, a stock 2000 GT with ~130K miles is a little short of $5K and I have invested close to ~$11K on this beast. Keeping this in mind, I would expect the value to be between $11K-12K but I need other enthusiasts to help me figure this out. I am sorry that I haven't added any pictures but will soon.

BTW, here is what I have done to the car:

-Kenne Bell 2.1L SuperCharger @ 9psi intercooled
-SPEC stage 2+ clutch (Torque Rating: 620 ft./lbs)
-Polyurethane Energy Suspension Motor & Tranny mounts
-H&R Super Sport springs (very nice stance)
-Tokico HP struts & shocks
-MM CC plates
-Steeda X2 Ball Joint
-Bumpsteer correction
-Steel braided brake lines
-18x10 rear wheels with 295s
-Flowmaster catback with 3in tip (sounds aggressive)
-03-04 Cobra front bumper
-Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter
-FRPP leather shift knob
-AEM digital boost gauge
-Alpine CDA-105 stereo with stock Mach 460 system and 10" sub

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

the only way you'd be near 10 grand with those miles is if you have fresh parts with low miles....ie block and tranny.....and then I'd say you'd need proof of that via receipts.

Without that and if say the block is original as is the tranny. I'd say you glet close to the kbb. Your best course of action is to sell the mods. You would do waaaayyy better and net another couple grand in your pocket.

I understand that the relatively high miles are against me but this is something you would expect from an 11 year old car (12K miles/yr). A setup like the one this car has ought to see more open road than a closed garage. "High" miles also interpret to more highway miles which causes less wear and tear to the drivetrain.

A person wanting to get a mustang at KBB will be getting a stock mustang with very light mods like catback exhaust, CAI, etc. This car is definitely no collector's item but it's true value may only be measured by a true enthusiast who is looking to have a similar setup in near future and could potentially save lots of money, time and labor. This narrows down the market for such vehicle.

This is a common misconception to most seller's which is inturn why alot of people who sink tons of money into their hot rods end up letting them sit in their garage rather than lose money.

The VALUE of your car DOES NOT go up with mod's, UNLESS you have a NEW motor and NEW tranny and NEW parts. That would be the ONLY time you would be able to jack up the KBB price that much.

Sorry for your misconception but GLWS!

What 88stang said is true. I'm not saying it isn't a nice car, but it is a GT with pretty standard mods plus a KB on an otherwise stock (high mile) engine. I personally have 149k on my car and am running a power adder through the stock engine, but I wouldn't expect any potential buyer to feel confident that it's going to last a long period of time given that.

Someone made the suggestion of de-modding the car and selling. That would be a good bet in my opinion, even if you just take off the blower and return it to a naturally aspirated car for the sale. I'm sure the blower could bring around 2k, give or take depending on your market.

11k sounds fair to you given the time and money put into the car, but looking at what else you can buy for around 11k or a few thousand more, it kind of puts the car out of consideration for many people. 05+ GT's are able to be had for 11-14k on the lower end, Mach's are coming into that price range, and even 03/04 Cobra's are dropping into the 14-15k range. Even if the car was appraised at 11k, that doesn't mean anyone is willing to buy at that price. Now more than ever it's a buyers market; people are taking a hit on what they own just to move it and get what they can out of it, unfortunately.

I'd try to sell in the sub 10k range. I wouldn't expect to get more than 8-9k for it in today's market, and that's from someone who's looking to buy a car that's already had some major work done and is a good driver, or platform for a more extensive build. Take some time to think about a good compromise in the price. If you feel 11k is what it's worth, list it at that. You never know, someone may want exactly what the car is and pay for it. If it doesn't sell, just bring the price down over time and see if that changes people's opinions.

This is a common misconception to most seller's which is inturn why alot of people who sink tons of money into their hot rods end up letting them sit in their garage rather than lose money.

The VALUE of your car DOES NOT go up with mod's, UNLESS you have a NEW motor and NEW tranny and NEW parts. That would be the ONLY time you would be able to jack up the KBB price that much.

Sorry for your misconception but GLWS!

I totally agree with this, I'm having trouble just getting rid of my 2002 Saleen clone that has a completely rebuilt tranny, new shocks, brakes, etc... with a body that is in Excellent shape with flawless paint for only $6500 lol.

i sold my car with a built engine, viper T56 and built rear. the car made over 700 HP and i had over $40K invested in mods. it sold for 15K.

mods mean nothing for value, you will be better parting it out and selling it stock

i think 7K is a generous offer for your car. high mileage kills it

Status
Not open for further replies.