Are 225 Nitto DR's too small???

Rock777

Aug 22, 2004
Troy, IL
I had the option in the past to get a good deal on nitto DR's 225/50/16. Would this be too small, or would it still hook up about as good as 245 DR's. Has anyone used this size at the track before, how were they? I know they will obviously be better than street tires, but when my car is done with the mods in my sig. within the next couple of weeks, I figure it will be making about 300rwhp, I hope. I could probably still get these tires for pretty cheap, but don't want to if they are going to spin too much. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Don't listen to all those clowns. They don't kow what they're talkin about. All you need to do is toss 300 lbs of cement sacks into the rear end and disconnect two of your cylinders. Then they'll be PLENTY big enough.

:lol: Civic, that's hilarious. But seriuosly, I know it is a small tire size, but I have 225's on right now all the way around. I ran 2.0x's 60ft's several times on these as well, so figured with the DR's it wouldn't be that far to drop a couple tenths. Glad I could brighten you guys day with a little laughter! :D :banana: Guess I'll be goin with the 245's, thanks for the subtle yet honest opinions though.