Are 94-95 AODE gt's really that slow!

King Cobra 22

Feb 29, 2004
I have been hearing from ALOT of people that 99-04 mustang V-6's with a 5 speed and exhaust can beat stock 94-95 Aode mustang gt's.
I know a guy at work that told me his 2001 mustang V-6 with a 5 speed and pulleys and flowmaster dual exhaust beat an auto 94 gt at the track and he was telling me a story how he beat a stock sn95 mustang gt auto vert by 2 car lengths in a street race.He is not the first one who is telling me stories like this either.Boy,i'm glad my car isn't stock anymore i'd hate to get a whoopin by a 6.Are the v-6's really that fast stock or is it that bull s##t rumors are going around.

• Sponsors (?)

The 99-present V6's are faster then the 94-98 ones. The reason the 94-95 GT Auto's are slow is because the tranny is really crappy stock. Also since the car he raced was a vert and auto it was slower then just a Auto Coupe. The reason being because Verts are heavier. Im not sure how fast the 99-present V6's are but they might be able to run a 94-95 GT Auto Vert, because they run mid 15's. BTW welcome to Stangnet.com

The V6's get faster and faster, but so do the GT's. The only really valid comparison is between Mustangs of the same year. And with a few mods the GT will run away from the V6, no matter how many mods it has, short of boost :D.

Dave

red94fiveo said:
I need a freakin car that runs right!

I guess the way my cars running is my fault.....
Hang in there, you'll get it solved. I wasn't happy with the way mine ran right after the head swap, and it turned out to be as simple as a cracked insulator on the #1 plug. So I know how it feels to have done a lot of work and then have dissatisfying results (the first time I "raced" my brother on the highway, his 90 LX with stock heads pulled on me ... after my headswap :nonono:. Not anymore.... :D).

Believe me, once you figure out what is messed up, you'll be very pleased with the results.

Dave

KingDiamond said:
OinkAodeOink, what blower and rear gears and converter did you have when you ran 13.3? It feels like my GT is never going to hit 13s, although I have never been to the track my car ran 15's with a G-Tech.
I've hit 15.1 @ 97MPH with my Gtech, and that was pretty much dead on zero'd out. That was with the car completely stock and a buddy in the pass. seat, a couple of subs (for traction, of course) and everything in it, nothing taken out for weight. I have yet to test it with my 14* timing, cold air, fpr, no cat H due to the weather, but now it's starting to clear up and get a bit warmer. Then again, i'm about to practically pull my motor in march. Can't romp on it rightnow because my trans is in shambles. It makes a little cricket noise. I call it chipeto.
Lee

The transmission was all stock, as was the convertor. Should have had atleast some sort of cooler on it, and a convertor, but the convertors asre so damn expensive for the aode's.
low 13's 12's isnt that hard.. it just takes a power adder, and some decent tires.

example:... go onto turbomustangs.com and search for this guy named David, with a teal 94 AODE.. his car is as stock, atleast the motor is, not even sure if he has a convertor in that thing or not, but hes pulling mid-high 11's i believe from a stock longblock AODE, with a turbo.

don't turbo's mess up your emissions pretty bad? I guess it depends on how the emissions machine works right? If all the machine does is figure out the overall ratio of bad gas to good gas, you could, in theory, just fill up that tank full of gases a lot quicker. correct me if i'm wrong please.