Are 94-95 AODE gt's really that slow!

• Sponsors (?)

Nik_92Stang said:
I was kind of suprised when I rode in my friends 5-Speed 02' V6...it hauled balls compared to my other friends 97 V6. I know the 02 had like 50 more horse, but it did pretty damn good for what it was.
i guess it just goes to show ya how much technoly has progressed over the years. Besides, with acura and honda making 4 cyl cars with almost 200 horse, ford is just making sure that those 4 bangers keep their place towards the bottom of the stack. I'm sure that sooner or later the EPA or government will limit something again and the cars will all fall back down to slower levels. it always seems they do.

I raced a 96 V6 5 spd back when I had only a K&N and flowmasters and I beat him 0-80 by a couple car lengths. With my mods, my car isn't the fastest but I have never lost to a new V6 (thank goodness).

AODE's aren't that crappy once they're worked up. That run in my sig was before my converter and shift kit went in, though. It was a completely different car once it went in though, so I'm def in the 13's now.

mstnggt said:
Yeah, but if the same mods were one to a 5 spd coupe it would have been sooo much quicker.

yeah if your talking about the same engine 5 speed gt will be faster than the aode gt with those mods.Now if it's comparing the aode gt with those mods to a 5 speed v-6 coupe the gt will be faster.

yeah if your talking about the same engine 5 speed gt will be faster than the aode gt with those mods.Now if it's comparing the aode gt with those mods to a 5 speed v-6 coupe the gt will be faster.

I agree.

1) Get a Lentech Valvebody. About $300
2) Tranny cooler. About $85
3) B&M Hammer Shifter, about $200
4) Rear gears, the autos come with 2.73. Get 3.73. About $160 or so.
5) Ford Racing now sells a 3000 stall torque converter for the AODE, $300.

Get all that done, and you will destroy 5 speeds, they won't be able to shift as fast as you. Not only that, your tranny will last a lot longer than theirs. The AODE has been designed to take a lot of HP and Torque.

QCStang said:

Get all that done, and you will destroy 5 speeds, they won't be able to shift as fast as you. Not only that, your tranny will last a lot longer than theirs. The AODE has been designed to take a lot of HP and Torque.

Even a 99-04 gt?

QCStang said:

i plan on doing those mods exactly. except i may go with PA street/strip valve body or just the jerry mods.

my car has the factory 16 inch rims and has 3.27's. can't wait for some 3.73's to make her get up and go :)

my car was a dog to vert and aode, after i put a hpipe, flows, 3.73 gears msd coil and wires and a few more minor things the first time at the track i ran a 15.2 very disappointed. but thats wheni first started learning about hp and tq and cars, more knowledge now, alot of track time under my belt, the right parts and cam valvetrain and nos later, hell yeah. now im gonna work on the sluggish aode.

King Cobra 22 said:
Even a 99-04 gt?

Hmm. This is the 94/95 Forum. Add a chip (for the rev limits, etc, nothing special) pulleys and a little blue bottle. :D

Edit after a couple of thoughts:

It would be pretty darn close without the blue bottle.

My son with the Lentech, 3.73s, B&M, pulleys, catback and bumped timing, with a fully loaded 95 AODE vert on all season radials (not drags): 14.4

With the higher stall torque converter, and drag radials, yes, he could probably give a stock 99+ GT 5 speed some awful fits.