Are Cometic MLS head gaskets really worth the extra money??

I think I just blew my new felpro 1011-2 head gaskets and I was wondering if the Cometic MLS head gaskets are really worth the $160 price tag? I was running too much timing and I'm pretty sure I toasted my felpro's this weekend. I'm new to the whole supercharger scene, so I guess one set of toasted head gaskets can be served up as a learning experience for me. I'm going to be ordering another set of head gaskets and wanted some advice. Should I stick with the Felpro 1011-2 or cough up the extra cash for the Cometics?

• Sponsors (?)

As long as your car is tuned right, I would run the Cometics. They seal a lot better, don't blow out as easily, and supposively are reusable. I tried 3 different types of headgaskets (felpro paper, stock style graphite, and cometic) and cometic were the only ones which would seal on me.

Your gonna get opinions on both sides but my opinion is go with Cometic. This is where I've had my best luck.

I got a pair from Livernois Motorsports for $135 shipped. Gaskets serve more than just being a sealing/mating surface, they are like a saftey device (ie: fuse). Get the tune done right, then use them. They are great in the respect that they can hold a lot of abuse, plus I like the fact that they are reusable.

When you do install a MLS-style gasket, clean the surfaces VERY well, or you will experience sealing problems.