Are Nitto NT555's drag radials?

I know the NT555R's are drag radials but are the NT555's? I am trying to figure out what tires I should get for my car, I bought the 18x9 all chrome mach 1 rims. I don't know if I should get the NT555's all the way around or just on front and the NT555R's on back. I don't know I'm so confused PLEASE help me!!!!

Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

555 = street tires (longest tread life)
555R = drag radials (road course - medium treadlife, 10-20kmiles)
555RII = Drag Radials (all out, least treadlife, best grip)

Not a big Nitto fan..i wanted them for the longest time, i hate their tread design though. Looks like if water hit it you could say goodbye to traction. Their tread design has no design that will filter out water. I kinda need this since my car is a daily driver. I'm sure there are other Nitto experts here though that can help you. Thats just what i have pulled from posts and my exp.

I'd go with BFG G-Force TA K/D's best grip ever. I hear they only last 3-10k though :rolleyes:

UDTBadkarma said:
555 = street tires (longest tread life)
555R = drag radials (road course - medium treadlife, 10-20kmiles)
555RII = Drag Radials (all out, least treadlife, best grip)

Not a big Nitto fan..i wanted them for the longest time, i hate their tread design though. Looks like if water hit it you could say goodbye to traction. Their tread design has no design that will filter out water. I kinda need this since my car is a daily driver. I'm sure there are other Nitto experts here though that can help you. Thats just what i have pulled from posts and my exp.

I'd go with BFG G-Force TA K/D's best grip ever. I hear they only last 3-10k though :rolleyes:

I believe that's correct as well... I don't think I'm going to go with nitto's.. I'll just borrow a friend's DR just for the track. For daily driver, I'm either going to get sumitomo or yokohama (sp?)

Nitto's are good choice for 18's but they are pretty $$$.. good luck

Look at Kuhmo

Wouldn't hurt to look into the Kuhmo Ecsta MX's. I did a lot of research and convinced myself that they would be a great all around tire (not strictly racing) for the money. I have 18x9 front and 18x10 rear. Good price point and decent treadlife. I should take delivery tomorrow and have them on the car by next week, so if you're interested I'll let you know what I think.

Here are a couple links if you are interested:

Specs

Comparison

I'm curious to know what people think of the Ecsta MX, not the 712.

Good Luck!

Unless you drive on streets cleaned weekly with a street sweeper, you may not like the Nitto's, or any drag radial. You will think the bottom of your car is getting sandblasted anytime you drive on any road that isn't clean. I was shocked at how much they pick up from the soft compound.