Are these 4.6l V8s good engines?

• Sponsors (?)

To answer your question: Are these 4.6l 2v engines good? Stock, no.

Sorry...but in comparison to what? By that same logic, the 302ci V8 found in the last pushrod powered Mustangs weren't any good in stock trim either?

I think good is a very general term. Good meaning powerful? Good meaning mod friendly? Good meaning reliable? For starters, they boast 35hp and more torque over the larger V8 they replaced (281ci vs 302ci). They accept and respond to all of the same modifications the 5.0L HO's did. They get better fuel economy in general, they run smoother and produce lower emmisions and they'll clock well over 200K.....in some cases 300K before needing a rebuild.

That' makes them as good as any 5.0L OHV I've seen. :shrug:

Sorry...but in comparison to what? By that same logic, the 302ci V8 found in the last pushrod powered Mustangs weren't any good in stock trim either?

I think good is a very general term. Good meaning powerful? Good meaning mod friendly? Good meaning reliable? For starters, they boast 35hp and more torque over the larger V8 they replaced (281ci vs 302ci). They accept and respond to all of the same modifications the 5.0L HO's did. They get better fuel economy in general, they run smoother and produce lower emmisions and they'll clock well over 200K.....in some cases 300K before needing a rebuild.

That' makes them as good as any 5.0L OHV I've seen. :shrug:

Can`t argue with that. :flag:

good engine, reliable engine, beats the 5.0. thats all you need to know.

you can make any car fast if you want to dump money into it! not something id tell you to do though