are x pipes all the same whats the differance

• Sponsors (?)

supposedly the dr. gas is the best out there, due to the placement of the X. the further forward the X, the better it's supposed to be. Dr. gas looks unlike any other X out there, and IMO, sounds the best. very clean and unraspy like all the other ones.

Bassani and Magnaflow are supposed to be good ones as well. Speaking from personal experience, I like the Dr. gas alot more than Bassani, and UPR. If you go with a cheap X, go w/ UPR IMO. They seem to sound better than the BBK.. i personally hate the extremely raspy sound of the BBK.

Only go with the UPR X if you don't mind having to jack the thing up and re-tighten the rear flange bolts every other weekend. They don't have tranny mount hangers, so they always wind up sagging and then scraping on every little bump in the road. I only use my UPR X-pipe now for smog inspections; my cheaper Jeg's X-pipe sounds better (no cats, heh), fits great, and doesn't get droopy.

A few other companies sell X-pipes similar in design to the UPR model - Pypes and some other place, I believe. Unless you can rig up a hanger of your own, or if your car only sees the road once in a great while, I'd steer clear of any X-pipe with their kinda design.

FWIW, the Jeg's X-pipe rocks because it comes in three segments, which makes it WAY easy to install - hang the downtubes, push the crossover section forward onto the tubes and tranny crossmember, and clamp it tight. Done. None of this crap of using a jack to hold up the rear end while you snug the front bolts and having the thing slip off and smack you in the face. (Been there, done that.)

good mention on the Jeg's.. i shoulda mentioned that the Dr. Gas pipe comes in 5-pieces and needs to either be clamped or welded together.

the dr. gas also does not have rear hangers, but i've had no problems with keeping it sealed over the last 1.5yrs.