are you attached to your mustang?

This being my 10th car... no I'm not attached to it at all. It's a fun car, but there is a metric ton of cars identical to mine... It can easily be replaced. I am probably going to drive it until I can afford an upgrade. Probably an '11+ GT Convertible.

But if I finish up my degree, and I find a nice employment offer and start making stupid money, it might stay with me for a few more years and get a healthy engine upgrade... maybe a 6-700 hp turbo build. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Im not really attached to my current car at all. Probably has to do with the fact its an automatic. I bought the auto so the wife can drive it too because its a vert, but its just a bit disappointing everytime you drive it and have to put it into D or R and then have no more fun. Oh well, live and learn no more automatic performance cars.

Get a gated shifter. You don't have to just put it in D.

Im not really attached to my current car at all. Probably has to do with the fact its an automatic. I bought the auto so the wife can drive it too because its a vert, but its just a bit disappointing everytime you drive it and have to put it into D or R and then have no more fun. Oh well, live and learn no more automatic performance cars.

God, I 100% completely agree. I love my car with all of my soul, but hate the fact that its an automatic and im going to have to replace it one day for that simple fact.

I, too, learned that lesson :rolleyes:

I am too attached to my Mach 1. I love it & hate it... They are many times I want to get rid of it & get something else more comfy, but still fun to drive. I have came close to letting it go for a 2000-2003 BMW M5, 04/05 Audi S4, or 04/05 Cadillac CTS-V, but its too hard to walk away from all the work I put into her.

Sometimes I get sick of owning 2 stangs, & although it would be hard, I would probably let the mach go before I let my Notch go... If I wasn't so attached to it, & she wasn't so sexy, I would give her up for the M5 any day of the week. M5's are soooo nice, & they are comfy, classy, but fast at the same time. I could ride in comfort instead of bouncing up & down the highway all day like I do in my stang. But like I said, its hard to part with the mach!!!

I am attached to mine but I saw a 1967 fastback in blue pull up next to me, rolling a 427 stoker and side pipes. I would sell my car for that in a heartbeat, I have wanted one for a 10 years just never have had the extra money and time to own a vintage muscle car. Oh well maybe some day.

Oh and to those who have autos and are upset, I would still be attached to my car if it was an auto and I own a 5 speed. The trans doesn't make up the whole car. Plus, do some mods to your autos, and add some ponies and I think you'll become attached. :flag:

i THOUGHT i was attached to my car but i honestly havent missed it at all since it has been sold. i really like the car better now that i dont own it anymore. my friend bought it and i still see it 3-4 times a week.

once you get into something newer and nicer you wont look back :D