ARGHH BROKE MY STINKING KEY OFF!

Jacob_Royer

Nov 24, 2007
Got to work today and when i turned the car off my key broke off in the ignition! only key i have with the stupid chip deal rest are copys! my questions are this

1 How can i get the broken piece out?

2 Can i disable the stupid chip deal?

3 Can I get a new key without spending a fortune??

If i can get the broken piece out i can start it with my copy by sticking the broken piece up to the ignition Im thinking... Why not tape it on the inside of the collum surround near the key switch would that be close enough??

• Sponsors (?)

The dealer wanted to charge me 300 dollars for a key and labor...nonono!!

Look in the Yellow pages. I found a mobil lock/key man. I made me 2 new keys and programmed both of them for the chip to work for 110 dollars!

my local dealership wanted 45 for the key itself and 50 for the labor to cut and program it.

so i went on ebay and ordered 2 oem ford keys for 25 bucks shipped. at some point i need to make it to the ford dealership to have them program 1 key, because if you have 2 keys you can program a third and more.

when doing remote starts all that disables the security on fords is by taping the key to near the column. I don't see why it wouldn't work in this case.

Also use a magnet to get the old key out or needlenose pliers, depending where it broke.

It hapens often here.

when they did my remote start (on my explorer) they said they needed to use a programmed key with a box or something under the dash.

the ford dealer here charged me $26 each key blank with the chip, and $45 to program however many keys I had bought, not $45 each, but $45 no matter how many.

good luck wit your problem.