Arkansas Thread

Hey clay.. I'll be around tonight and i'll be out at the track tomorrow night (weather permitting).

I finally get to run my car tomorrow night, I'm pretty excited.. I probably won't run that well since I'm not used to it, but i'll still have fun! :D

• Sponsors (?)

cctinnell said:
Try spraying 100 to your car. I think that it will like it a lot.

It will :D.. but i just need to work on my traction first lol.. It was HORRID last weekend :rlaugh:

The cams I got are supposed to LOOOVVVEEEE nitrous, so I might go to that as a last resort after I get some DR's, control arms, gears and other stuff of the sort.. But I should be running 10.6-8 consistently once I start getting decent traction and get the right gears for my setup in the car.. Right now I am very badly under-geared.. So after the 4.10's go in, i'll be doing a bit better

And maybe if I spray it, hopefully I can touch a 9.9999999999999999999999 lol

5spd GT said:
Get a tune for sure, as you know.

I'm still deciding on a 347 stroker with all the trimmings, or a S-trim:shrug:

My brothers old car with a 347 and a procharger was an interesting street car. Just make sure you have the suspension to back up all the power. I wouldn't mind going with another 331 and a turbo, who knows the next powerplant for the t-top.

cctinnell said:
It'll be all right. Just adjust the timing and get a set of cooler plugs.

I wish it was that easy :(

I gotta tune the car for nitrous.. every 96+ OBD2 mustang needs a tune after nitrous, cams, headers, blower, turbo or anything of the sort.. Kinda sucks, but it runs damn awesome afterwards!

If I do get nitrous, i'll get an N/A tune and then a nitrous tune.. that way, when I don't want to spray, I can run as fast as possible on motor.. and when I want to spray, just upload the Nitrous tune and run as fast as possible on nitrous.. :D

88GT460 said:
Get a good 347 setup going first. That is what I would do anyway. Then get a S-trim or procharger next year.

Procharger :nono: :notnice:

Only if you like rebuilding and having to do oil changes on your blower.. He should go with the Novi2K for his application.. the S-trim might be too small for him, actually.

The S-trim works nice at lower power levels, but isn't much of a blower to build on... However the T-trim and the Novi 2K are awesome blowers and have LOTS of potential locked inside of them.. they can handle a LOT of power! :hail2:

I can't go 347 and blower with out killing the stock block for sure. I would need to get a Dart, and full assembly with the good parts would be in the $4500 dollar range just for the shortblock and very likely more. If I went with the Dart block, I'll be getting a 363 CI.

The S-trim would be just fine for my stock block. I don't want to push it past 450rwhp. The S-trim could easily acheive that with enough boost.

347 will make less power. S-trim will make more power.

Decisions, decisions:)

5spd GT said:
I can't go 347 and blower with out killing the stock block for sure. I would need to get a Dart, and full assembly with the good parts would be in the $4500 dollar range just for the shortblock and very likely more. If I went with the Dart block, I'll be getting a 363 CI.

The S-trim would be just fine for my stock block. I don't want to push it past 450rwhp. The S-trim could easily acheive that with enough boost.

347 will make less power. S-trim will make more power.

Decisions, decisions:)

All motor.. but I am kinda biased! :D