as usual i had to do a stereo in the fox

superspec

Aug 14, 2006
i just cant stand to not have a stereo in all of my cars. so the fox had to be done this weekend.

this is a very small setup, image dynamics 6" components up front, eclipse 87 series 10" xtant 603 amp, eclipse 5504 headunit and alpine eq. the box was a custom job. its 1.3 cubic feet which is farily large by todays standards but it gives a very flat responce which is what i wanted.

2007_0611foxbodystereo0016.jpg

2007_0611foxbodystereo0015.jpg

2007_0611foxbodystereo0014.jpg

2007_0611foxbodystereo0013.jpg

all work was performed at car toys 2 go in texarkana tex/ark. i have a good friend that runs the shop so i drove up on friday and started wiring up the car. its really nice to have a place like that to work in :)

• Sponsors (?)

thats some oldschool product there. looks good though.

thanks...yeah its old school for sure but still works like the day i got it...they dont make stuff like that anymore....well at least orion doesnt thats for sure...must have been bought out by a japanese company or something but they went downhill :nonono:

thanks...yeah its old school for sure but still works like the day i got it...they dont make stuff like that anymore....well at least orion doesnt thats for sure...must have been bought out by a japanese company or something but they went downhill :nonono:

if you notice all of mine is older as well;) prob about the same age as yours with the exception of the amp which is a good 5 or 6 yrs old.

superspec, I like your choice of gear! Install is nice and clean looking.

I chose to rock the old school equipment in my fox, too. Only the speakers were new, everything else was found in new-old-stock or mint on Ebay over a few months.

Eclipse 5302, PPI PAR-245 and EPX-223 "double stack" processors, MB Quart PSC 216 in the doors, JL 12w6-v2 in the tire well. Phoenix Gold MS-275 on doors and MPS-2240 on the sub.

radio_area.jpg

passenger_door_final.jpg

hatch_area_in_vinyl2.jpg

And one hi-quality shot of the hatch:

61072.jpg

Now I'm turning my attention to my 96 Bronco. It's getting an Eclipse 7002 and changer, Xtant 3300c, Quart PCE 216 in the doors, an a JL 18w6 (!). Can't wait to get it installed, should be one weekend soon.

Thanks for showing the pics of the system!

i actually had that eq back in the day when i had an alpine head unit...loved the eq but their decks were crap...everybody said how good they sounded and they did at low volumes then skipped like hell from the bass...tried 2 different ones :bang: eventually went to clarion ....i never had an eclipse unit but always heard good things about them...expensive for sure

thats a nice setup alan.i used to run PG way back in the day. wait till next month when my sentra is done. its a full on IASCA SQ setup. highlights are eclipse HU, audio control processors, focal utopia 3 way comp in the front, utopia midbass in the rear just for fill, utopia 33wx sub and butler audio tube driver amps. it will have serveral motorized parts and lots of fiberglass. be on the lookout for it in CA&E in the coming months.

if you wanna check out more of the quality that will be in this car look at www.woodyscustomcreations.com

thats a nice setup alan.i used to run PG way back in the day. wait till next month when my sentra is done. its a full on IASCA SQ setup. highlights are eclipse HU, audio control processors, focal utopia 3 way comp in the front, utopia midbass in the rear just for fill, utopia 33wx sub and butler audio tube driver amps. it will have serveral motorized parts and lots of fiberglass. be on the lookout for it in CA&E in the coming months.

if you wanna check out more of the quality that will be in this car look at www.woodyscustomcreations.com

Yea, I've always like the MS/MPS stuff from PG. After that, I lost interest and moved to PPI and then Xtant. I've had some Tube Driver stuff, great old amps!

I built my Mustang's system with the USACi rulebook on the bench. It's been to one show, a regional 3x event, and it took 1st and best-of-show in the SQ portion. I never planned to compete, but this event took place within a few miles from home, so I figured what the hell. Now, my status is back to "retired" and simply enjoying my systems.

Post pics of that system when it's done, I'd like to see it.