ASC McLaren mustang?

KurtPB

May 15, 2006
Lorimor, IA
i've been seeing them on ebay every now and then and was curious if they were a special production like the cobras/saleens and if there's anything special about them besides looking like a cooler .vert?:shrug: i noticed that they arent near as pricey as some '93 snakes, too.

McLarenmustang.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The windshield is an extra 15 degrees steeper (I used to think this was way cooler), paint it more uniform for a 'vert (no black window moldings, etc.), different body kit, badging, tail lenses, rims, and obviously the back seat is a storage area which has a cover to hide the top when down. The top had a split 3-window design rather than the same one as the regular Mustangs did, and it also attached to the back of the windshield frame rather than the top like the regular Mustangs. The interior was quite different as well.

I don't believe there were any performance modifications, as you've already noticed.

one of the best looking mustangs ever built unfortunately no performance mods.for us older guys that remember these cars when they first came out you really can appreciate a beautiful design and upgrade in the interior.i personally had an 88 and wish i still had it if you come across one jump on it they will be worth some money down the road just for the rarity of these cars .i think less than 400 were built in the final year of production which was 90.

it looks like it'd be more of a cruising car for an older audience. nothing some kid like me would look at for hotroding around. :p someone said they dont look good with the top up but i dont really understand why you would keep it up? most people buy .verts for those nice days that you can have the top down(yes, i understand people drive most .verts more often). that's the only time(most likely) that i'll drive a miata when i get one early next year.

I know it sounds bad but, I'd like to take one of these because I think they are slick looking verts and modify it to the max. I'd like to take one and fix the top to a single window rear top and either put a stalker bumper or make it an lx vert. I would save all original parts though. Shave the door handles and locks and just make it look how it should have from the factory. I think that would be the perfect car to make your own. There are enough of them around that are in bad shape and need to be freshened up with the right mods. It would look good with some cobra or lx tails and a cobra rear bumper. I know you people will probably hate me for saying these things. Seeing how many people freaked out with the MM&FF Deep Coral Cobra they are modifying but, I think it would be a fun project. I wish I had enough cash to start it. I would make it so cool.
Look at this, its a start.
http://www.ascmclaren.com/newcarsforsale/MVC-003S (2).JPG

Who cares what people think, as long as you like it that's what counts. They're not *that* desirable of a car that it'd be considered unfathomable to modify, like a 93 Cobra R would for instance. I've seen a few modified ASCs being sold and their value was on par with the car + the modifications, just as any Fox body would.

If you can find the one you want, go for it :nice: