Aside From Drinking And Cars, What Does Everyone Else Do To Unwind?

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
It's a given that we wrench on cars that are 24+ years old which goes hand in hand with a beverage or two. What else does everyone indulge in to take the edge off of life? Personally I love to paint. An equal love of mine is fishing. I rarely keep what I catch, but being on the water to me is like church. It's a safe place that Clay can punch the reset button and forget about the world.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm a home brewer. Not only can I drink the beer I can also work on the brew equipment. I need to stay busy so between the car and brewing I can stay busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I beat the :poo: out of my drums, tired and sweaty pic. In and out of Metal bands most of my young adult life, great stress reliever.
20160331_202054-1.jpg

Kids, house projects, building drones, building 3D printers, salt-water aquariums, golf, firearms, my motorcycle, avid coin collector, and my wife.

I keep busy

Kids, house projects, building drones, building 3D printers, salt-water aquariums, golf, firearms, my motorcycle, avid coin collector, and my wife.

I keep busy

Ugh. I miss my saltwater tanks. I sold my last one 2 years ago. 250 gallon aggressive reef. Maintenance was a killer and I lost my love for the hobby. I'm jonesing to set up a 40 bowfront or 30 tall. Just get back to basics. Lps, softies, and live rock.

I literally have zero life outside of work and my mustangs.

Ok, my kids and grandkids, sure. Other than that, nothing.

Sure there's college football too.

Maybe i experiment with various alcoholic beverages once in awhile, true.

I used to fish, brew my own beer, make knives from blanks (never set up a forge like i wanted to, the noise of hammering on an anvil might be counter productive to living in town).

I really, really like guns too. And if i EVER finish just ONE of my cars, a gunsmith named Ed Brown and i are going to have a serious financial relationship.

Then there's my wife.....just living the dream.

Reactions: 2 users
I play guitar on occasion (far less than I used to, unfortunately). Have fun with my little kids and the wife. Enjoy a show or two on the stream. Eagerly awaiting Clarkson, May and Hammond's return on Amazon Prime next month!

Ugh. I miss my saltwater tanks. I sold my last one 2 years ago. 250 gallon aggressive reef. Maintenance was a killer and I lost my love for the hobby. I'm jonesing to set up a 40 bowfront or 30 tall. Just get back to basics. Lps, softies, and live rock.

All I have time for these days. Doing a simple 20 L with 10g sump and some lps/softies and a couple clowns. Kids will like it

Keeping busy and having a home life. If your wife or girlfriend approves or let's you have your cars/ toys, and you can teach your kids/ grand kids your passion, you've got it all brother. It doesn't get any better than that. That's what you get up everyday and fight for guys!

Keeping busy and having a home life. If your wife or girlfriend approves or let's you have your cars/ toys, and you can teach your kids/ grand kids your passion, you've got it all brother. It doesn't get any better than that. That's what you get up everyday and fight for guys!

And beer......

Reactions: 1 user
All I have time for these days. Doing a simple 20 L with 10g sump and some lps/softies and a couple clowns. Kids will like it

Those are my favorite ones. Picked up a tank the other day from a yard sale. Want to wire up an led hood so I don't have to muck with power compacts or metal halides

I have a massive crack addiction. When I'm not waking up in a filthy hovel in a pool of my own slobber, I'm turning tricks to feed the habit. Between work, the hobby, and the addiction,....I've got a pretty full plate.

Reactions: 5 users
Seriously.

There are alot of things I'd like to do, but reality gets in the way. I used to snow ski, but now the mountains are 1500 miles away.
( besides, if I still skied, my knees would've blown out of my legs long ago) I don't fish,...I don't have the patience. I bore easy. I don't hunt,..that's what grocery stores are for.
I'm not an audiophile, but I have a critical ear, and like a good sound system. I am a WWII aviation buff, and constantly watch and read about the entire theater of planes in that conflict. If I could justify it, I'd build a kit plane. I'd fly it.
I'd sky dive. (I have went out tandem 10 years ago).
I don't spectate. I don't yell at the TV, and I don't have a team. I do not golf (although I can)
I watch movies. When warranted, in the format that they are best enjoyed,.... At the theater.
I travel when I get the chance. Been to Ireland twice, Mexico twice, Spain, The Dutch west indies, and several parts of the US.
My Wife is my best friend. We go out that way. ( as friends) I go out at least twice a week for dinner and drinks,..and I punch the p iss out of the punchy thing that costs a buck to hit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Seriously.

There are alot of things I'd like to do, but reality gets in the way. I used to snow ski, but now the mountains are 1500 miles away.
( besides, if I still skied, my knees would've blown out of my legs long ago) I don't fish,...I don't have the patience. I don't hunt,..that's what grocery stores are for.
I'm not an audiophile, but I have a critical ear, and like a good sound system. I am a WWII aviation buff, and constantly watch and read about the entire theater of planes in that conflict. If I could justify it, I'd build a kit plane. I'd fly it.
I'd sky dive. (I have went out tandem 10 years ago).
I don't spectate. I don't yell at the TV, and I don't have a team.
I watch movies. When warranted, in the format that they are best enjoyed,.... At the theater.
I travel when I get the chance. Been to Ireland twice, Mexico twice, Spain, The Dutch west indies, and several parts of the US.
I could totally see you building an ultra lite. Time was you didn't need a pilots license for one. Not sure if that's still the case. My father is a pilot and I've grown up in the culture. Not something I've cared to pursue, but it's nostalgic being around those that appreciate it.

I could totally see you building an ultra lite. Time was you didn't need a pilots license for one. Not sure if that's still the case. My father is a pilot and I've grown up in the culture. Not something I've cared to pursue, but it's nostalgic being around those that appreciate it.
I believe that an ultra light doesn't require anything but balls.

Reactions: 3 users