Aside From Drinking And Cars, What Does Everyone Else Do To Unwind?

Most of what I do is already in here. Building models (most modern fighters, but some cars and scifi stuff), killing zombies and space pirates online, occasionally shoot some pool. Probably need to start doing stuff away from home with other people, but, meh, people suck so....

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Here's little zippy. Between the drone, transmitter and FPV gear, probably almost $1k into it. Probably the main reason I fly it so delicately.
c9bff16ba3012e862294a503d61b2ec8.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm also into WW2 stuff. Here a bit of my collection. And yeah, that's my never installed 93 cobra grill insert on the top shelf
4b19a4da477a9198c51e756f5636d376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, probably my biggest hobby of the past year has been First Person View Drone racing. Basically I've been building and programming the drone from scratch, and have started taking my maiden flights. No races yet, just due to the steep learning curve trying to fly it while staring at a small monitor. But it's been a fun, although expensive, hobby. And now that I have a flying (fast) drone, I realize all the mistakes I made in it's design, and need to build another one.

As a side byproduct hobby, I bought a 3D printer kit to make parts for the drone, so indirectly I've been into 3D printing too. I made myself some nice camera mounts, and get some good shots when I want to view the scenery. For the most part, I fly without a recording camera as it makes it sluggish, and I want to go fast.

Here's a shot of Boston I took from my parents house. This drone has no GPS, so flying it high is strictly done manually, and can be tricky on a windy day.

710289b6c92efd41064fca549d382ed5.png

Neighbor wanted a pic of this, so up I went
b65ccbdb2b79343aa1d9c283826ffed6.png

But the drone isn't ideal for arial photography. That's the one I'm currently building with 6 motors and GPS.
Most impressive

Most of my time outside of work is usually spent with the wife and kids. If I'm not doing something around the house, I like hunting, shooting, sports (watching and playing), video games, and music. However, since I seldom have more than a couple of hours to myself on any given week, I usually unwind by reading.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Reading, there you go, I like to read too. Kind of gotten back into Stephen King novels again. In the airport coming back from Mike's place I found "Dr. Sleep" by King.

It's a continuation of "The Shining" (the only book to give me a nightmare). Danny Torrence all grown up.

Reading, there you go, I like to read too. Kind of gotten back into Stephen King novels again. In the airport coming back from Mike's place I found "Dr. Sleep" by King.

It's a continuation of "The Shining" (the only book to give me a nightmare). Danny Torrence all grown up.
Duma Key is a favorite of mine

Did you win?
It was "we", and I don't know.

The parent company that owns all of these deaslerships (Sonic) put all of us together for a "fun night"(all of our dealerships are in a row on the same street. (BMW, Audi, Landrover/Jag, Porsche, and the little japanese step child,.......lexus) It wasn't a competition thing. I can bowl,..but every time I did, I let out a progressively louder "OWWW! (that nobody heard), cause with all of the ambient noise there you can scream at the pins and nobody behind you will hear.

It was "we", and I don't know.

The parent company that owns all of these deaslerships (Sonic) put all of us together for a "fun night"(all of our dealerships are in a row on the same street. (BMW, Audi, Landrover/Jag, Porsche, and the little japanese step child,.......lexus) It wasn't a competition thing. I can bowl,..but every time I did, I let out a progressively louder "OWWW! (that nobody heard), cause with all of the ambient noise there you can scream at the pins and nobody behind you will hear.
That's horrible Mike. I hope recovery comes quickly. On the only upside, you and Allen can be cripples together.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh, he'll be able to get off the toilet.. he'll just need a cane or a crutch to help pull himself up, and an assortment of words to yell in agony.

Come to think of it, @madmike1157 if you don't have crutches and a cane, better get them now.

Hiking. Preferably as far from humanity as possible. Although, I also like exploring historic areas of towns especially with old buildings.

Like I said, hiking. But even then I can't get away from cars. On the Rachael Carson trail we found this random piece of metal. Looked familiar to me. I guessed by looking at the taillight cutout as a 69-71 Mustang fast back. I was right.
143CAE2C-95C3-4902-B8D7-DD953177E893.jpg

07BC2795-11A7-420C-B9FD-CE2E1A168C65.jpg

7721ECD6-142D-41D4-83D0-0A4509AA91CC.jpg

I pick guitar a little. I also love deer hunting. We do a lot of scouting in the off season, which is good exercise here in the hills of West Virginia. I love the older Marlin lever action guns and I tinker with them, a bit. Here's an old pawn shop find it got last year for the wife. It was rough, but we fixed it up.
20160102_203249.jpg

I started tinkering with ar's too. I've built a couple and working on a third
20151113_141210.jpg

I just started really bow hunting a couple years ago.
20141104_140730.jpg

20131125_125211.jpg

These 2 morons keep me busy
20141021_073600.jpg

The wife says I have way too many hobbies I'm sure I'm forgetting about a few lol. I like to stay busy, I guess. I also have to try and squeeze all this in while I'm off the boat every other 28 days. I'm a towboat engineer, so if you see me posting a lot (like right now), I'm probably going up and down the river.

I love the Wild West lever action rifles like 30/30 or colt 45. But I don't have one yet. I do have a decent SKS that's pretty good at a distance. And ammo is cheap in the 7.62mm.

I love the Wild West lever action rifles like 30/30 or colt 45. But I don't have one yet. I do have a decent SKS that's pretty good at a distance. And ammo is cheap in the 7.62mm.
I bought my father-in-law a 30/30 winchester for christmas a couple years ago. What a pleasant firing weapon.

My dadcame by today with a new .44 lever action marlin rifle.

We were going to shoot it, but we got sidetracked with my pistols. I got to fire, strip and clean a Kimber 1911 .45, an HK usp .40, and a Glock 20 10mm. They were all nice, but man that Kimber shoots sweet!

Since moving out of SoCal I have rekindled my love of motorcycles, thus keeping the Fox stuck in long term storage.
I have had a few since 2013
IMG_1470_zps4abfcc56.jpg

IMG_1305_zpsa1b32c39.jpg

IMG_1600_zpsmca617ow.jpg

IMG_1817_zpspzv16ssg.jpg

IMG_1720_zpsxiycgm0a.jpg

I just sold this one yesterday
IMG_0631_zpsaxqtcunn.jpg

And my FJ-09 I love this bike! I am considering getting a new dual sport, something fuel injected with 6 speeds.
IMG_0497_zpstz9uyjws.jpg
I have had up to 3 at the same time but as of today only FJ-09 remains.

My dadcame by today with a new .44 lever action marlin rifle.

We were going to shoot it, but we got sidetracked with my pistols. I got to fire, strip and clean a Kimber 1911 .45, an HK usp .40, and a Glock 20 10mm. They were all nice, but man that Kimber shoots sweet!
I love my 44 mag Marlin. Thing is a blast to shoot. I haven't hunted with it, though. I have a bunch of them. Three 30-30, a couple in 35 Rem, even a 308 Marlin Express (awesome round). But out of all those fine rifles, I have a hard time not grabbing my one old 30-30. I've killed quite a few deer with it. It wears a "Skinner" peep sight, which I've used to drop them in their tracks out to 150+ yds. If I could only have one, that would be it!