At what point do you need c/c plates?

Orange...

Aug 22, 2004
SASKATOON
So I am thinking that when I buy the front tires and rims for my car (will probably take the rear ones off for now) I will get some lowering springs... :nice: just like a 1" drop... like the nice cheap ones on mustang tuning... (the orange ones for like $130 with the DD name)

I was wondering two things though:
1) At what point do you need to get the caster camber plates? If there is one... or is it just whenever you add lowering suspension parts?
2) with a 1" drop can I still get a 275/40R17 on the front with no rubbing?

before I post up pics with the new tires and rims I got, I want to lower it to avoid the 4x4 comments :nono: and to have a better stance

So Yeah....

• Sponsors (?)

My 98 GT is 1 1/2in. lowered in the front and back. I don't need CC plates. I bought some Cam bolts and they worked for me. Some people with the same year and setup will say that they need CC plates. It seems to be different for every Mustang.

You will hear different answers from different people on this forum.
I'll tell you about my case. I put on the Eibach Pro Kit. Supposed to lower right around 1.5" or less. Several people told me i didn't need it because it wasn't lowered enough. Well, about 4 to 5 months later, i noticed wear on the inside of my tires. Not a whole lot, but enough to justify getting some.

I just upgraded to 18"s with new BFG KDW IIs and i was not about to let those brand new tires get ruined. So i got the CC plates put on. So just like Timeless2 said, i would get them regardless of drop.

Just my $.02.

Well I think I got all the answers I needed. I will get some c/c plates... but I am sticking with the DD springs... I gotta get them, they're orange!!! and I think an inch or less is all the car will be able to handle until I get it payed off and can get some beater for the winter. Until then I have to keep it somewhat winter streetable... I was even reluctant about doing the gears. But in the next few months I'll get the front tires and rims and get some pics up for you all to oogle :)

Orange... said:
Well I think I got all the answers I needed. I will get some c/c plates... but I am sticking with the DD springs... I gotta get them, they're orange!!! and I think an inch or less is all the car will be able to handle until I get it payed off and can get some beater for the winter. Until then I have to keep it somewhat winter streetable... I was even reluctant about doing the gears. But in the next few months I'll get the front tires and rims and get some pics up for you all to oogle :)
I never heard of that brand, but I just checked them out. If I was you, I'd go with the proven FRPP ones, just to be sure to get quality stuff. You can always paint them yourself for next to nothing. :)

You may not need CC plates. After you lower your car take it to a shop and see if they can align it with the stock stuff. However, if you can afford them, get them. They're much easier to work with.