Atlanta people, need area info.. may be moving!

Kraw

Nail On The Head El Moderatoro
Founding Member
w00t I may finally be getting out of this ****hole known as New Orleans. I have an interview at the airport on the 8th :)

Anyways, I've been looking around online, and it seems like the Peachtree City/Newnan area would be ideal for me. Anyone live in that area?

Any suggestions for something south of the airport area?

Also, what is the major bank in the area? I asked the teller at Chase and they said that the Atlanta market is one of the few they aren't in :rolleyes:

any help, info or links is appreciated :)

• Sponsors (?)

Peachtree City is known as "the bubble" around here. Its a very unique place, and I really cant explain why. Its very suburban and has its own little character to it. There may be more golf cart trails in that place than any where else in the world. I kid you not. Its not uncommon to see three or four people touring around that place in golfcarts at any given time. There are more parking places for golf carts at the local highschools than there are normal places, if that says anything to you. Golf cart parking outside taco bell & waffle house = weird.
Its very near the airport, which is always a plus.

Just a few thoughts on the place.

Welcome to ATL...Not sure Id move south of the city though. Look this up...this is the new hot place to live work play in atl (so they say_

www.atlanticstation.com

Its right in the middle of everything, near the new aquarium.

Personelly i hate the city of Atl and thats why I live 35-40 miles from it. I could get more money down town but its just not worth it. Wachovia is your major bank here. If Chase was here Id drop Wachovia like a wet newspaper

Good luck and keep a look out for car show postings and what not around the area in this forum. Probably won't heat up again till around march

thanks.. as far as south of the city, I mean very south. I've looked at a few houses online that I really liked in Newnan. It's amazing how much more house/land you can get for your money there. Here, you get sq ft, not acres. And real estate that's undamaged from Katrina is sky high (I hope to get a nice amount for mine :))

I knew about the golf cars in PTC, I remember reading an article about hte first DUI on a golf cart lol

no,not for DL, I do airport operations :)

Even with prices going up, compared to here, there are great deals that I've seen

I'd really like to get a house with room for more then 2 vehicles to live comfortably :D Such as, a place to park a trailer, maybe even a toy hauler.

I'm sick of living in the city and not having room. I grew up on 120acres, so living in a small, area with neighbors close by isn't my thing

In the Newnan area there are fewer and fewer places coming up for sale with more than and acre of land. I bought my house with almost 5 acres 5 years ago and got lucky when I found it. I'm actually leaving Newnan sometime early next year. I left Delta about 6 months ago due to the writing on the wall there.

S351R"Animal" said:
In the Newnan area there are fewer and fewer places coming up for sale with more than and acre of land. I bought my house with almost 5 acres 5 years ago and got lucky when I found it. I'm actually leaving Newnan sometime early next year. I left Delta about 6 months ago due to the writing on the wall there.

you got a house for sale?

:D

coramprat said:
Please don't go...don't go....don't gooooo away...
why stay!??!?!?!?!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Woodrow said:
newnan, fayetteville/ptc, mcdonough are all decent places to live on the southside

all places I'll look.. thanks!

white99gt said:
I live on the south side.There are a lot of new housing going up.
Plus on this side in a few months we will have a summitt racing store :D.

Its nice and quiet over here.Need any info feel free to drop me a line..

Summit eh? Would rather see a Cabelas :p I'll pm you for more info if things come through

S351R"Animal" said:
The house goes on the market in a week or two.

post a link to the listing when it's up

If you have the money Peachtree City/Tyrone are nice and really close to the airport. Nice straight shot down the hwy to the interstate then on to the airport. The only downside is houses there are A)More expensive B)Higher property taxes. Also in P'Tree City you'll have a ton of ordinances. You mentioned having a place to park a trailer, probably wouldn't fly in 99% of the neighborhoods there. A lot of Delta lives in P'Tree City so there are some houses for sale to say the least.

Other places around there you may want to look into are Senoia and Sharpsburg. If you want more land for a somewhat reasonable price check out Senoia.

Here are some links to look at

http://www.peachtree-city.org/

http://www.senoia.com/

As far as banks go the Delta Credit Union is now open to the public. They have the main branch right up by the airport and are building others in the cities you have listed. They are not hooked on with the airline so don't let that discourage you.

I'm still with Delta but like Animal I'm working on getting out.

Good luck

Here's how to figure property tax here in GA

http://www.etax.dor.ga.gov/ptd/adm/faq/real.shtml#home

Essentially the more your property is worth the more you are gonna pay in taxes. P'Tree City is a planned community so housing wise it is tapped as far as new construction goes. You can still find some nice homes there for a reasonable price though.

As far as DL goes I think they will make it through. The problem is we have been told by management that our salaries will now be based on other LCC airlines, essentially we'll be payed at the lowest end of the scale. What's funny though is Southwest is THE low cost carrier but at the top of the industry as far as pay goes. I don't know about Animal but I'm down 25% in two years. Throw in no pension and well, what incentive do I have to stay?