Attempted to install Magnaflows (not magnapacks)

I installed the MGW shifter tonight. It was really easy to do to. Taking a look at it, you can see it's built as solid as a rock. Just the appearance alone was impressive. After I got it installed, I took the car for a drive and I am very impressed with it to say the least. Going from one gear to the next is as smooth as silk, and you can feel it click into place. I feel like I even shift better now. Going down the interstate with the stock shifter and your hand on the knob, there is a vibration that makes you wonder if you need your tires balanced or something. With the MGW, there is almost NO vibration at all and I didn't use a rubber gasket. You don't need one with this shifter. I wish I would have bought this the day I bought my car. I've owned it for 5 1\2 years. The MGW was worth every penny.

• Sponsors (?)

That's where I put mine too. Do you hear a different strage noise after installing yours when you're driving around town? It's not loud but a faint noise that sounds something like wwwiiiiiiissssssssssss. It's like you can hear things moving in the transmission. Did I do something wrong? I did take the stops out like the install instructions said.

No that is exactly how mine was but after awhile you'll never notice it or it goes away. Did you put the stops back in? I believe that you take the stops out until it is installed then put them back in leaving about a 1/16 of an inch inbetween the stop and shifter when the car is in gear. It has been about a year ago since i did mine so i could be wrong

i have a t-45 so maybe it's different but i know that my instructions said to put the stops in and have them just barely not touching the shifter when car is in 3rd,4th then check the rest of the gears.

You are right with your transmission. A 3650 has built in stops so the ones that come with the shifter are not needed, and if you do use them can damage your transmission from what I've read. The install manual states that you HAVE to remove them for the 3650 or damage may occur.

That's where I put mine too. Do you hear a different strage noise after installing yours when you're driving around town? It's not loud but a faint noise that sounds something like wwwiiiiiiissssssssssss. It's like you can hear things moving in the transmission. Did I do something wrong? I did take the stops out like the install instructions said.

yep, if i rest my hand against the shifter you can feel it vibrating and hear the wissing sound like its hitting the stops. However, my stops are adjusted 100 % correct.. trust me. I have a t45 so my transmission requires the stops. Had the mgw installed for awhile. I think its just the normal sound of the shifter when its in the gear.

Thanks Twista. I guess I know for sure now since Stangdriver13 and you say the same thing. It didn't sound like it was hurting anything but it was just a noise I never heard before.