Attention: People Who Want To Do The PI Intake Swap

After my first non-alum npi intake cracked and I replaced it, I feel pretty confident about the entire process. During it I was worried and got a bit frustrated during a few times, but afterwards I realized that it really wasn't all that bad and I was just making it harder on myself.

I wish I could just find a cheap PI intake with the alum crossover now :(

• Sponsors (?)

When I first started working on cars everything seemed SO HARD.. After awhile with some practice you learn it and you get good at it. Just take your time and don't be afraid to ask questions..

A lot of people think fixing cars is easy, it's not there is a long learning curve and some people learn it faster than others.

I did my first PI swap on my friend's 97 Crown Vic, not too long ago. It gave me the misfire codes right after as well, and it turned out to be that the MAF was disgusting. I actually took the sensor out of the maf housing, and cleaned it with some real MAF cleaner from the parts store. The sensor itself had a little fuzzy jacket of crud on it. Once it was cleaned, and the computer reset, the car ran incredibly. That was my experience with the post-PI intake swap misfire.