**ATTENTION SVT's Future Not clear**

Child

Sep 6, 2003
Miami Florida
Hello everyone listen i am very very upset right now I just read this article in the SVT owners website appearently the "bean counters" for Ford are feeling that the future of SVT with ford could be ceased meaning no 06 cobra, lighting or SVT cars period!!!!!!!! check this website for details on what you can do!!! http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17520

please everyone fax letters ASAP.... MODS please make this a sticky thread!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Just to throw some gas on the fire, the Marketing & Sales Manager for SVT has left to take the VP of sales job @ Jaguar.

No word on if he's being replaced at SVT

JAGUAR NORTH AMERICA ANNOUNCES NEW VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING

IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 15, 2004 - Jaguar North America today announces that Tom Scarpello is appointed vice president of Marketing, effective immediately. Scarpello will report to C.J. O'Donnell, executive vice president, marketing and sales for Jaguar North America. Scarpello replaces George Ayres, who was the subject of a previous announcement.

"We are very enthusiastic about Tom joining our team. Tom has made significant contributions to the Ford performance team," commented C.J. O'Donnell. "His extensive automotive experience will be a great compliment to Jaguar's executive management team."

Prior to this current appointment, Scarpello was the marketing and sales manager for the Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT), a position he held since September 1998. Scarpello worked for Ford of Mexico from 1996 through 1998 as strategic planning manager and has also held positions within the Lincoln Mercury Division.

Scarpello holds a Master of Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Georgia.

This is becoming a really sick joke.

"SVT is dead!" is about one step lower than "My new 05 ran a 12.9!" on the :bs: scale... since there's plenty of circumstantial evidence to support that SVT is doing just fine, if you want to spread rumor or hearsay, I want to know sources. I want to see documents. I don't want to see some dude in a forum on another site talk about his personal Deep Throat within Ford whispering to him what's really happening.

Because my personal sources at Ford (and let me tell you, he's DEFINITELY in the know) tell me the Cobra's actually ahead of schedule, and coming out with a supercharged 460 big block. He said SVT was really serious about beating Z06s like a red-headed stepchild.

:banana:

30AnnivStang said:
not trying to fuel the fire of rumor, b/c I won't believe it 'till i see a press release, but are you claiming a 7.4L engine? or are you saying 460HP?

Hah... I was making fun of those people who were spreading rumors of SVT's demise by quoting "unnamed sources deep in Ford"... that was just having fun. Although I'd certainly drive a 460 ci big block in a S197... :flag:

I just got the same article in my daily "Automotive News" email summary. I'm glad to see Coletti staying in-place. He's the heart & soul of SVT, he's the guy who really gets things done and pushes through stuff that would normally "die" at the corporate level. When he took over the Cobra from "Team Mustang", THAT'S where the supercharged '03-04 came from. He doesn't play around when it comes to power, and he loves to stomp on his competitors. It bodes very well for the '07 Cobra that he's still running the show.