ATTN: HIP HOP LOVERS!!! EPIK MUSIC!!! Listen!!!

EPIK you have some solid beats dude, those are some of the better beats that I've heard in awhile. :nice: I used to listen to Rap/hip hop a lot when I was younger, but not so much anymore. Well I can still listen to the older stuff, the stuff now is just lazy and boring (lyrics mainly) IMO.

Keep up the good work; I'm sort of an artist myself, non-musical though, and I can tell you put a lot of passion into your craft.

• Sponsors (?)

Your beats ARE good even though they don't catch my ears except for "No Greener Grasses" thats definitely is my style, I love that soulfullness to it....like The Strange Fruit Project, I can't get enough of em....what do you use to lay everything out and render? Pro-Tools?...My Set-up is a Edirol Pcr-m50 controller, FL Studio and Ableton live...

Thanks man. I dunno if u noticed, but I have many different styles & the "No more Greener grass" track is 1 style that I do. I do have tons of more tracks with that same smooth jazzy sound, but the ones I posted are just the songs the rappers chose. I try to be well rounded with a mixture of hip hop, soul, jazz, street, & rock sounds.... I dig the smooth J dilla, litte brother, strange fruit type of sound alot though....

I only have what was shown in the pictures as far as equipment goes, but when I go to the studio to render the tracks, I use pro tools....

EPIK

Glad to see another beatmaker/producer on here.

I finally decided to do a myspace page yesterday, after years of not having one. I just have to get some buddies/friends. Mike Dean is my only friend so far. :rlaugh:

I've got some of my tracks on there though.

MySpace.com - Mossberg Slim - Producer Extraordinaire - Atlanta (L'ville), Georgia - Rap / R&B / Funk - www.myspace.com/motownmossberg

A pic of my old setup

thestudio.jpg

Thanks mossberg. Im gonna ad u on myspace & check out your tracks... Sweet setup too BTW....

Pretty sweet, love that Mos Def jam. You've also got a hell of a vinyl collection too (Technics fan here as well, SL-22, no fancy 1200s:()

Its nice to see that you're still making beats on hardware and a set of turntables, instead of being completely software based like so many people are doing nowadays. Happen to have any old Roland gear in that collection?? (TR-808, TB-303??)

Thanks bro... I am all about the old school hardware & vinyl. I cant do the computer software thing when it comes to making beats, I just cant get into it like I can with the pads on my MPC2000.... I dont have any actual Roland gear, but I used to have a Roland DR660 drum machine that had all the bad@$$ TR808 & 909 sounds in it. Before I sold it, I transfered all the good sounds to my Akai software....

Well Epik I gave it a go. Rap, hippity hoppity and R&B are just not my cup of tea (I listen to rock and alternative) I tried it out and you have some great tallent there buddy :nice: :cheers:

Of course I have no idea who any of thoes artists are you name dropped..... I feel old :(

Thanks Bill... Maybe I will put together a beat u can understand with some Metallica samples or something....

EPIK you have some solid beats dude, those are some of the better beats that I've heard in awhile. :nice: I used to listen to Rap/hip hop a lot when I was younger, but not so much anymore. Well I can still listen to the older stuff, the stuff now is just lazy and boring (lyrics mainly) IMO.

Keep up the good work; I'm sort of an artist myself, non-musical though, and I can tell you put a lot of passion into your craft.

Thanks bro... I hear ya on new rap. Its very uninspiring & boring nowadays. I spend most of my time listening to old school music... I do put alot of passion into this, thats 4 sure....:flag:

Attachments

• thestudio.jpg
    thestudio.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 77