Audio Systems

NastyStang113

Sep 12, 2008
Florida
It's about time that my car got an audio system. I've been putting it off for too long. I've got a Pioneer Avic-Z2 so far. Now I've just been tossing around a lot of ideas about what to do. I was considering doing the JL Stealthbox in the trunk with a JL amp but it's like $1500 which is nuts. It would be an awesome set-up but it's just not worth that. I'm going to stick with just 6x8 co-axles in the doors. I don't want to have to power them with an amp.

I remember someone on MustangForums.com putting Rockford Fostgate 8" subs in their doors but I can't find that thread or a picture of it. I'd like to do that eventually. If anyone has any more information let me know.

So if anyone has any pictures of their set-ups, advice, or even pictures of other people's cars please post them up. This will be the Audio System thread !! :nice:

So right now I'm thinking of this sub in a custom made box on the passenger side cubby in the trunk. Dynamat on the trunk lid.

Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D412 12" Component Subwoofers Component Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

The amp mounted on the other side or below the deck lid.

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000-1bd (07-p1000-1bd) Mono Subwoofer Amps Car Amplifiers - Sonic Electronix

Two sets of these for the front and rear door speakers. Dynamat on both doors.

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1683C 6" x 8" Speakers Car Speakers - Sonic Electronix

What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)