Auto Crossed for first time!

hey guys!
just attended my first ever auto cross... it was the de anza college dual at de anza in cupertino, bay area..
the event was tons of fun, lots of awesome cars, way more american cars than i expected...
i ran decently in my class considering its my first time... i was probably in about top 30 percent or so... i was really squirmy out of a few turns but i think i can fix that with a little bit of suspension tuning and maybe some more suspension parts.. :D
i also spotted my mistakes and i bet i would run several seconds faster at least if i would go again now, after thinking about what i did etc...
i guess overall, it was alot of fun, i got a little sun burnt, :( had alot of fun, saw some awesome spin outs, lots of tail happy cars.. tons of cars out with slicks.. will defntly do it again and recommend others at least try it!
:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

i think if u do go, it would dfntly help u tons when u do get ur suspension... i was pretty nervous and next time, i deffinately wont be so and u can drive alot better.. lol... plus their where some pretty interesting cars running that where bone stock... its helarious because the commentators make fun of the cars like no other... (only when they deserve it though..) one stock integ ran, and it was like super quite... practically all the cars are at least a little loud even stock, but this thing was like almost prius status.. anyway, the announcer was all, this thing is so quite, we need some sound fx... he totally started making car sounds.. it was helarious..
but seriously though, lots of stock cars ran and some where even pretty competative..

do you know of any other events like this in the area or when the next autox at de anza is? was there any charge to get in? I live just north over by SFO and have been wanting to try out autox!

the auto at de anza, is annual, and the charge is $20... if u wanna find other events, u can look online... the norcal scca puts em on and in the area their is just about 1 put on every weekend almost.. their are a few other organizations that do it, dont remember the names but i think they dont require membership, the scca does however... if u google like bay area scca or w.e u can find the website and go to solo 2 and look up events under calander... i am at work, so i dont have the link here.... sorry...
:D :SNSign:

Autocrossing will ruin your taste for drag racing.

You don't need to dump money into your car to improve in autocross. A stock Mustang will do. Seat time will get your times down. Driver skill and experience means so much more. Later, you can consider sticky tires all around. With drag racing, you need to dump money into the car to get better times. The driver skill is minimal.