Auto Meter gauges

93cobra12

Nov 21, 2003
Seatte, WA
hello everyone, I need some opinions on this matter.. I have the three vent gauges installed along with two gauges on the A-pillar an a tach right above the three gauges, white faced guages and the white ac panel to match the stock gauges ( alot of gauges i know, trying typing it ! lol ).. now when i turn on the lights the white faced gauges are green an red.. Not really too found of that, is there anyway to change the backround color of the gauges? Like the autometer gauges that i have, the ultra light guages, the backround is white.. Is there anyway to make the orginal gauges and the ac panel to be white as well? has anyone done this before? Would that look stupid?

Another thing, i have a blue faced deck, you guys think it would look stupid if i made the ac panel and the original gauges backround color blue, and kept the autometer gauges white? or should i make everything blue? Let me know what your guys opinions are !!

int of my car is grey with black, its a teal 93 cobra with grey cloth int.. Appreciate it !

• Sponsors (?)

93cobra12 said:
hello everyone, I need some opinions on this matter.. I have the three vent gauges installed along with two gauges on the A-pillar an a tach right above the three gauges, white faced guages and the white ac panel to match the stock gauges ( alot of gauges i know, trying typing it ! lol ).. now when i turn on the lights the white faced gauges are green an red.. Not really too found of that, is there anyway to change the backround color of the gauges? Like the autometer gauges that i have, the ultra light guages, the backround is white.. Is there anyway to make the orginal gauges and the ac panel to be white as well? has anyone done this before? Would that look stupid?

Another thing, i have a blue faced deck, you guys think it would look stupid if i made the ac panel and the original gauges backround color blue, and kept the autometer gauges white? or should i make everything blue? Let me know what your guys opinions are !!

int of my car is grey with black, its a teal 93 cobra with grey cloth int.. Appreciate it !

take off the colored covers that are on the lightbulbs?

Well, as far as the look with blue, I don't have a Mustang, so I'm not sure.
But for the red and green lights on the Autometers, there is a bulb in the back that lights up the gauge.
To change the color, you put a tinted rubber 'button' over the light. So, to go with a white colored light, just remove the bulb from the gauge, peel off the 'button' and place the bulb back in.
Hope this helps.

if u have white face gauges u CANT change the color of them,m unless u buy a white face that is made for that color. on teh stock cluster its not the color fo the bumbs, its the color of the White face gauge (there is like green clear plastic which makes the color. there are No colored bumbs in out mustangs, its all on the overlay.

ok i c what ur saying.. would it look stupid to have a blue faced deck, green in the dash an the ac panel along with white for all the autometer gauges?

or do you guys think green backround for the autometer gauges, with just my deck being blue?

OR have everything be blue except the dash and the ac panel?