Auto Tranny: Rebuild or buy new?

Mine stalls at 2800-2900RPM and under normal driving conditions, you can't tell it from stock.

Start a thread asking poeple their opinion on a best stall speed for a N/A street application and I'll guarantee the majority of the responses from the ones who actually run an aftermarket torque converter will tell you that anything between a2400-2800 stall speed is a waste of money. Don't be afraid of higher stall converters.....they drive and perform just fine under daily driving conditions. Just make sure you heed the advice and install a good transmission cooler afterwards.

I'd have to agree after what I've been reading, i was just making note to what they said. Im definitly buying a cooler, and going to have to install it myself because im going to bring the tranny in by itself to save like $550 in labor. I've been trying to find a tech article one how to do it dealing w/ a 4R70W but havent found one yet. Also does it really matter that type i get?
I was thinking the 2nd from the top here:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_758370_-1_10535

Thanks for all your help Gearbanger:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the B&M coolers are a nice unit. Regardless of who builds the cooler, go with the largest you're able to and use a plate style if you've got the option. They're more efficient at removing heat than the traditional tube and fin type.