AutoCommand remote car starter

brendank69

Founding Member
Oct 5, 2002
Lemberg, Saskatchewan
I just got a free command start from a buddys truck that i plan on putting in my 94 4x4 4.0L Ranger. The only problem is it came from an automatic vehicle and mines a standard. I dont want to put it in unless i can find some way to stop the command start from kicking in unless the truck is in neutral.
Anyone have any suggestions? Any kind of neutral safety switch that i can buy or something thats already on the truck? All i need is a 12v source thats on when the trucks in neutral and off when its not, or vice versa.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Here's an idea:

Your neutral safety switch is out of the picture. It's operated by your clutch pedal and has no clue if you're in gear or not. However, something you might consider is positioning and wiring a couple of these onto the front and back of your shifter.

http://www.lexusa.com/limswitas.html

You would need 2 normally closed switches. So long as the stick shift in is the center (neutral) the circuit will remain closed and energize a relay that would allow your starter solenoid to get power and start the car. If thee car is in any gear then the circuit would be broken and de-energized. So long as the switches are mounted and rigged correctly this would serve as your new neutral safety switch.