AutoMeter Tach (where to mount)

MyHoFoSho

Aug 14, 2007
So for christmas last year my girlfriend bought me a autometer tach and i have yet to intall it in my car. For one reason: I swaped my dash from the stock grey one to a very very nice black dash and i cant bring myself to drill holes is my dash to mount this tach. So does any one have any ideas where i can mount it with no holes or an adhesive that wont damage the dash. Any help and pictures would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

sell it or keep it for another project, put all new autometer gauges where factory cluster is. they make a mount plate with pre cut holes that fits where the cluster is, all you have to do is get the correct size gauges and wire them in. someone has to have a pic of what im talking about.

or you can just get a shift light and mount it in your heater vent for a stealth look. when at full throttle i know i never looked at my tach that i had, i just waited for the light then shift, all eyes on the road.

I wouldn't mount it on the dash either unless it's a legit race car, never looks good in my opinion.

The gauge cluster myslo50 is referring to is the florida5.0 or MC-Machine gauge cluster conversions, pricey but very nice.

So for christmas last year my girlfriend bought me a autometer tach and i have yet to intall it in my car. For one reason: I swaped my dash from the stock grey one to a very very nice black dash and i cant bring myself to drill holes is my dash to mount this tach. So does any one have any ideas where i can mount it with no holes or an adhesive that wont damage the dash. Any help and pictures would be great.
Ive got this same problem......anyone have pics of the vent mount any other places where i wouldnt have to mess up my dash?

i've been a fan of having it right behind the steering wheel mounted on the column pastic

IMG_1147.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: 1 user
I have mine mounted on the steering column...but i have a 4 eye dash, don't know if it'll fit on yours. I also had mine mounted under the glove box for a while with the shift light on top of the steering column.

i do want to use the shift light and i cant send it back it was a gift and have any of you tried to send back a gift from your girlfriend i will never hear the end of it not to mention she might just cut off my leg or finger. And i thought about mounting it to the column but it a big 5" tach and wont fit. I think i am going to have to suck it up and drill into the dash. Please Mustang gods forgive me for what i am about to do!

Mount it on the right side of the instrument cluster part and let the weight of tach sit on the dash there. The black instrument cluster part is black in all of those interiors regardless of the color so if you mess it up you can get another one out of any interior.

hung mine right in front of my rear view mirror with the shift light aimed right at my right retna. It's bright, visable, dangerous as hell, been pulled over for obstruction of my rear-view, but looks so bitchin!

I mounted the tach today to the side of the instrument cluster cover and looks very good. And did not have to drill into my dash that is much harder to find and install. Thanks for the advise.

That is where mine is..zip tie the wires and get a small piece of black loom to put over the wires and tuck it in the edge of the trim. Looks as good as it can then and you can buy that piece you drilled for a song if you take it out.