Autometer Water Temp *frustrated*

DTNODYA

Dec 15, 2005
OK, I've read through a lot of threads but can't figure out what I need .. I have had a water temp gauge (electric) for a while but just got around to hooking it back up. I'm having an issue with the temp reading way off. It's like pegging out. It's a new sender, tapped into the thermostat housing in the side. Could my problem be something with the ground?? I know it could be the sender but it's my second one and its new. I haven't had it hooked up because I had this problem back when and said the hell with it ... So I bought a new sender and here we go again.

Someone tell me you had the same problem and how to fix it. It's not a big deal but damn if it isn't givin' me a headache. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Here's how it's tapped ...

p5280002copynt7.jpg

I'll clarify something I didn't mention earlier ... I've had it hooked up three different ways now. I did the drain block method the first time (a while ago) had problems with the readings but worked fine for a month or so ... Then I tried using a T-fitting coming out of where the stock sender goes and that didn't work right so now I'm using the tap method and still having reading problems. I'm re-wiring all my gauges and doing it right this time. No more butt connectors and electrical tape. Solder and heat shrink ftw.

I'll clarify something I didn't mention earlier ... I've had it hooked up three different ways now. I did the drain block method the first time (a while ago) had problems with the readings but worked fine for a month or so ... Then I tried using a T-fitting coming out of where the stock sender goes and that didn't work right so now I'm using the tap method and still having reading problems. I'm re-wiring all my gauges and doing it right this time. No more butt connectors and electrical tape. Solder and heat shrink ftw.

do you think drilling and tapping the crossover would be the best method?