Aux Imput for 2005 Shaker 500

• Sponsors (?)

The shaker head on my 05 has a button for aux input. I guess the input jack must be in the radio unit.

I guess I could take the dash apart, plug an extension cable into the radio and put things back together. Anyone done this?

It's NOT an option for the 2007 models, sorry to break it to you guys.
It's standard at least for the Shaker 500/1000 for the 2007 MY.
EXCUSE ME ? but when I said that it wasn't an option until 2007 ??? that was interpreted as meaning that it wasn't available until 07 or haven't you ever heard the catch phrase, it's just a figure of speech ? geeze :Zip2: At least Welchy understood my point..lol

It actually was advertised as an option in '06. It was called Trip Tunes in the accessory catalog but nobody had any info about it. My dealer didn't even have the part number in his computer even though it was in the catalog. I have an 05 Gt and purchased an after market interface that works fine and is accessed with the AUX button on the head unit.

It actually was advertised as an option in '06. It was called Trip Tunes in the accessory catalog but nobody had any info about it. My dealer didn't even have the part number in his computer even though it was in the catalog. I have an 05 Gt and purchased an after market interface that works fine and is accessed with the AUX button on the head unit.

what interface did you get? I'd love to hardwire an mp3 into my Skipper 500, and never have to deal with flying CD's ever again!

what interface did you get? I'd love to hardwire an mp3 into my Skipper 500, and never have to deal with flying CD's ever again!

It is made by PIE (Precision Interface Electronics). I purchased it from a company called Logjam Electronics (logjamelectronics.com). It cost about $90 plus S&H and took about an hour to install. The Skipper has a plug on the back for a DVD unit. Obviously not an option for a Mustang. There is a plug in the connector currently. This is unplugged and the interface is plugged into the skipper. The DVD plug now plugs into the interface. It needs a seperate continuous power source so I tapped into the power outlet at the top of the stack. Works fine if you follow the instructions to the letter. I ran a cable from the interface through the console into the armrest compartment and plug my MP3 in there. It's great!

It is made by PIE (Precision Interface Electronics). I purchased it from a company called Logjam Electronics (logjamelectronics.com). It cost about $90 plus S&H and took about an hour to install. The Skipper has a plug on the back for a DVD unit. Obviously not an option for a Mustang. There is a plug in the connector currently. This is unplugged and the interface is plugged into the skipper. The DVD plug now plugs into the interface. It needs a seperate continuous power source so I tapped into the power outlet at the top of the stack. Works fine if you follow the instructions to the letter. I ran a cable from the interface through the console into the armrest compartment and plug my MP3 in there. It's great!

Nice! Thanks for the info!!!

:hail2: