AUX port and aftermarket radio

Been toying with the idea of putting an aftermarket radio in my 08. It has the basic sound system with the aux port in the center console. My question is, if I replace the factory radio with an aftermarket will I lose the aux port in the center console? I'd like to be able to keep the factory aux port and not have to run a new aux cord. Trying to do as little modifying as possible. Would love to just be able to buy new radio, harness adapter, and radio mount. I know some radios have an aux but it is more of a RCA red/white plugs. Thanks ahead of time.

• Sponsors (?)

I would guess that you would lose it. However, most have inputs and you can run your own connector where you want it.
I have an Alpine, for example, and ran the ipod connector to the glove box. The Alpine controls the ipod through the head unit. It also turns it on and off and charges it.
I only have to take the ipod out of the console when I update it with my computer.
So, yes, I think you will lose it. But you will be able to run another connector that will do much more than the factory connector did.

I would assume there is an adapter out there to take the mini jack input and ouput it to RCA's. You need to put the signal into the "input" RCA jacks on the back of the aftermarket RCA radio.

To answer your question, I do not think the port is going to work. But, I am pretty sure you can wire in a workaround.