Average Cost

redmustanggt

Jul 11, 2005
Well i just got my cat back exhaust in for my 2004 cobra. What is the averge install time for this and what should a shop charge me to put them in? The only reason i ask is becasue i was quoted $150-200 and i thought that was kinda high. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The cost of installing my catback was $80. Took just alittle over an hour. Then, about a month later I got my X-pipe and that took 1 hour and they charged me $60, so $150 for just the catback is very high.

The exhaust on a cobra should be pretty easy to do yourself. Since the pipes arent routed over a solid rear you dont need to raise the vehicle up as much as you would a gt. Do it yourself and save the money for more mods.

Cobra exhaust is easy to install. I did an exhaust on a 2003 Cobra and it took less than 1 hour for me. I just backed the car up ramps, unbolted the 4 bolts and lowered it down off the rubber hangers. Install took all of 10 mins to hang the pipe and make adjustments and tighten.

So much easier than live axle cars. I would do it again for $50 if i were to charge someone

Well i stopped by the shop where my car is getting painted and he told me that he would do it for $60 becasue i always go there whenever i need anything done to the car. I think that is a real fair price and ill be able to have the car ready to go on friday with the exhaust already installed. Thanks for the replys.

Think my Magnaflow Catback installation was $150. It was welded up instead of just being hung. The shop owner spent a very long time adjusting, tweeking, and making sure the tail pipes were perfect. He would spend
several minutes looking then a little tweek, more looking, simply making sure he was geting it done just right.

Work was done by Lou's Custom Exhaust in Plymouth Ma.