Average MPG

I am trying to find out everyones average MPG and what mods they installed to beter the MPG. My car has a computer in it that gives me mine. As of now I am at 17 mpg average but it is going up slowly. Car only has 400 miles.....:D

I have a Magnaflow axle back and was figuing that opening up the enginge to breath a little would improve my mileage. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I hear that some people get really good gas mileage, 20 to 24 ave. MPG. I range 16 to 18 with a 5 speed mostly freeway but I live in southern california so I average 30 MPH. But I also have heavier wheels and tires and drive it like I stole it...

I get between 16 to 18 mpg on my stock 06 auto. But I drive in LA on mostly surface streets, in fact my entire daily commute is surface streets, the only time I would hit the highway is on weekends. But in LA, even the surface streets have tons of traffic and I too drive it like I stole it. Hell it's a Mustang! Not a hybrid. If I cared about gas mileage I would get a TDI from VW (which if gas gets higher then $4/gallon, I will)!!!:p

Hell it's a Mustang! Not a hybrid. If I cared about gas mileage I would get a TDI from VW (which if gas gets higher then $4/gallon, I will)!!!:p

I got one('98) just sitting on the side of the street since last November! It is just not enjoyable enough for me to park the Mustang and drive it. I do however park the Mustang for my '00 Suzuki Bandit 1200(which gets around 40 MPG).:D

Claytucc3:
I'm averaging just under 20 MPG with my current mods(in sig). That is mixed driving. Most of the time babying it, sometimes not! My best was from a trip back from PA(after all current mods were done)when I got 23.77 MPG.

17mpg, 25mph avg (YAY SOCAL TRAFFIC!!!)

And I am terribly upset at my fuel economy. Not that it's too low but that it's not low enough! It means there's more power and fuel to be extracted!!!

i average the same as most of you.....16-18mpg with an average mph of 25-30...my drive to work is mixed highway/city roads, but the traffic is heavy in the morning and the drive is slow. its definitely better than the 03 harley f-150 i traded in for it though. i was averaging 10mpg no matter what kind of commute and it required 93.

I average 23.5mpg and reset the counter everytime I fill up. I average 48mph with a normal cruise speed of 75 on the highway. Working on an Air Firce base I watch my milage go down with they limit me to 25mph and put a stop sign ever 200 yards!
Thats my $.02:D

I have 3500 miles on my 07, and average around 18 MPG. Mostly city driving, with only a bit of highway, and a decent amount of "fun time". No mods....

But don't worry too much. With only 400 miles, you need some more break in time. When I bought mine (with 1.3 miles on it), I got around 12 MPG for the first couple tanks. After a bit of time it picked up to the aberage of 18 I get now. Typically, mileage will improve up until around 20k miles, and the engine wears a bit more.

06 GT vert w/auto trans - CAI w/tune I get 22.3 with average speed of 44. I got about one mpg better before the CAI w/tune - I thought it would get better, not worse, but then again I really like the extra performance:nice:

We didn't buy our stang for fuel economy although it's not much different than the PT Cruiser it replaced (which was a dog to drive). We get about the same mpg whether we drive the stang or the minivan - but the stang is a whole lot more fun and gets a lot of compliments. Minivan isn't cool, but it's very practical:rolleyes:

Our '06 Automatic got 23mpg during a recent 700 mile trip at highway cruise speed mostly at 75mph with the mods listed below.....

2006 mods-
C&L Racer Kit, Brenspeed Xcal2 92 tune, Bassiani X-pipe, FRPP 3.73's, UD's

I have found with our two 4.6L's that the sweet spot for maxium fuel economy to be 2200-2400rpm's