Average Paint Cost

• Sponsors (?)

I had my mirrors done when I had the stripes done, but if I were to guess I would say about 3-hours labor and $20 materials. Priming, sanding, two coats of color, and a coat of clear. Open a shop ticket and you're talking $250+. Now if you have a friend that can introduce you to a painter at a dealer or body shop, you could probably get it done on 'the side' for $150. That's with you taking the mirrors off and handing them to the painter, and you reinstalling them too. No need to remove the actual glass mirror; just mask it. The paint spray will get around the inner edge of the housing sufficiently. Painting prices vary greatly, as does quality. Hope this helps.

That kind of a question has no correct answer.

I wanted the side moldings painted on my Focus, I was quoted a low of $100 all the way up to $400.

It all depends on the bodyshop.

well then your average would be around 200. i wouldnt pay less than that. I have a friend that can do it locally for me that prolly would do it for 150. He quoted me to have stripes painted on like rygen has (10 inch shelby's with pinstriping) for 1200. thats sanding roof trunk and hood, painting, and clearing. Paint is damn expensive.