Avoid Driving Points For Good? Possibly Legit!

mjaggy

Dec 14, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
From a 'prank' sent in by a user to www.ign.com, but this may be the greatest glitch ever.

"If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, this method will ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the check, but pay a few dollars over the fine is say, i.e. $82.00 for a $79.00 penalty. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, but here is the trick! **DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK!!!** Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has gotten its money and is happy and will not bother you anymore"

Anybody have any info on the legitimacy of this claim?

• Sponsors (?)

So what you are saying is that every single state's motor vehicles division, licensing authorities, court systems, etc, are all using the same exact software for assessing points on licenses as well as using like procedures, checks and balances?

I doubt it.

This was true for the most part in Oklahoma "back in the day". I avoided points on a speeding ticket where I grew up (SMALL town). Shortly thereafter I recieved another ticket by the Highway Patrol, I tried this method and was rewarded with points on my record. Now a days all they need is the cittation to pass through the system and it goes on your record no matter if you have a refund check pending or not. Don't you love technology? Oh yeah, that ticket I avoided for a few years. . . .it showed up on my record finally and it was dated the time of the offense, so I got two years without those two points whoopty do.

Ghostalker said:
thank god for CT, too bad all the drivers SUCK @$$
That's the same in florida, if you take a drivers course after you get a ticket the points are taken off your licence. however it's only once a year. and yes the drivers suck even worse here, wanna make a bet?

PonyJoe said:
Here's an easier way to avoid tickets:
DON'T GET CAUGHT.

Here's the easiest way:
DON'T SPEED.

:stupid: