AWD vs RWD!!! my friend an i are fighting about this

WTF is this, im new here so i dont know what the hell this pole stuff is

• im right, RWD is better

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • im wrong, im a dumbass, my friend was right

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
my friend says that all wheel drive is better for launching in the drag, but i say its only good for curvy roads or tracks, and the only reason rear wheel drive is better in the drag is because it can put power into 2 big wheels, with the right amount of weight on the rear axle to hold the wheels down, and also you dont have to split the power up to each wheel. please show me that im right because i know that i am, my friend is just being stupid. i know that you can make an AWD car launch good, but no where near as good as RWD.

• Sponsors (?)

sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong. AWD is the master of launching, conquering the biggest problem (traction) that RWD sees even though most of the weight is transfered there. Those things like parasitic loss from running AWD (4 wheel power/transfer case drivetrain loss) vs RWD are included in the disadvantages of having AWD in a roll race, not a dig.

my friend says that all wheel drive is better for launching in the drag, but i say its only good for curvy roads or tracks, and the only reason rear wheel drive is better in the drag is because it can put power into 2 big wheels, with the right amount of weight on the rear axle to hold the wheels down, and also you dont have to split the power up to each wheel. please show me that im right because i know that i am, my friend is just being stupid. i know that you can make an AWD car launch good, but no where near as good as RWD.

AWD certainly will have the advantage on launching, but it depends a lot on the driver too.

yeah but what if you slap on some nice big sticky slicks, some great gears, and put weight on the rear axle, wouldnt that kind of kill the AWD?? i dont know much about AWD but from what ive heard on youtube and tv, AWD sucks for launching off the line, but on the track it can own anything

AWD have the best launches:( sorry Buddy.

AWD owns RWD for launching.

In fact, in a drag race, it's the only time an AWD car has an advantage. Once you get moving, the AWD system just robs HP and adds weight.

As a rule, with a RWD car, never challenge an AWD car from a dead stop or you will get owned. Now from a roll...different story.

You lose...sorry

AWD owns RWD for launching.

In fact, in a drag race, it's the only time an AWD car has an advantage. Once you get moving, the AWD system just robs HP and adds weight.

As a rule, with a RWD car, never challenge an AWD car from a dead stop or you will get owned. Now from a roll...different story.

You lose...sorry

Well put bro. Go from a roll and the AWD is useless.

yeah but what if you slap on some nice big sticky slicks, some great gears, and put weight on the rear axle, wouldnt that kind of kill the AWD?? i dont know much about AWD but from what ive heard on youtube and tv, AWD sucks for launching off the line, but on the track it can own anything

slicks, gears, weight are all things that help, but it doesnt help prove RWD's engineering is better in the slightest

Depends on driver, launch, and tires, 04BLACKSVTCOBRA, if you have gears on that baby, with some Nittos, and considering you do know how to drive, which makes the biggest difference, you can take him off the launch, but im telling ya, you gotta be DAM GOOD, but stock for stock, ive seen an AWD take off quicker than a cobra, but the cobra caught up to him in second gear.

IMO it all depends on what you are doing. Maximum Motorsports has a car that handle as well as an awd anything. I prefer roadracing to drag, so it all depends on what you wanna do. You look at Lemans, and most of the cars there are RWD. AWD is too heavy for many of the cars there. Just my 2 cents