B-head expectations . . . Am I pipe-dreaming???

doc stang

Mar 9, 2007
Goal: 330-340 rwhp and 350-360 rw ft.lb. With a big fat flat torque curve
Intention: NASA's American Iron road race series
Subject: '98 SVT cobra, stock engine, with LTH's, and off road hope with flow masters and pre-axle dumps.

Dilemma: Stage II, CNC-porterd b heads and cams, vs c head swap, vs coyote motor for Christmas.

Choice C: probably a dream.

Choice B: seems like a sure way to make hp/torque goals, . . .
But all the attendant "little things" to pull off a b-to-c head swap intimidate me.

Hence the plug-and-play ease of choice a is most attractive.
I am looking to see if folks think it will reallly get me where i need to be.

I have a line on some stage II ported b heads. Reportedly flow 320 intake, and 250 exhaust.
They reportedly made like 318 rwhp, NA, but this was on a STROKED motor, running ~10.5:1 compression. This was with stock 98 cams, and stock tune.

My goal is to leave the short block untouched, as it was reportedly rebuilt <30,000 miles ago.

So, . . . the question is . . .

With LTHs, a tune, and custom cams,
How likely or UNlikely is it that i can make my goal numbers above, with these heads, on a stock displacement, stock compression short block????

All input welcome,
Thanks,
Doc

• Sponsors (?)

you add a cold air intake and a tune and your there at the bell> you'll have to force air it to get the rwhp.> Your short block is safe till you reach the 450 plus range above that / then count on a set of forged rod's and pistions > I'm planning a 4.6 to 5.0 stroker this winter> I want 400-450 ish plus my 100 shot of nitrous