B&M or MGW Shift Kit?

explrsport

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
SoCA
I understand that the MGW shifter for 2005+ Stangs won't be out 'till summer...anybody install the new B&M shifter?

Had a Pro5.0 in my '02 GT and it was OK but looking for smoother action this time around.

http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id=products&sid=4&cat=3&subcat=15&pid=338

Jeff

05 GT Vert 5-spd
MagnaFlow axleback
Steeda Chrome UltraLites
Goodyear GS-D3s 275/40-18
Steeda Sport Springs
C&L CAI, Diablo Tuner

• Sponsors (?)

Sure, I have =).. I am the national sales manager for them..Of course I am a bit biased, but I can tell you I had the Steeda Tri-ax shifter in the car before I switched it out and our shifter is MUCH smoother than that one was..if you need some help on pricing let me know in a PM and I will try and hook you up on a TMS deal =)

Chris

I had a B&M installed a few weeks ago and absolutely love it! It's the first short-throw shifter I've had (but my 4th GT) and it took a couple of days to get used to it (it felt very, very short at first but now it just seems normal). It has also broken in nicely and seems to get better and better.

B&M Shifter`

Thanks for the replies so far.

The B&M sells in the $180-190 area so it's a lot cheaper than Steeda and Hurst, not to mention the Roush shifter (Hurst also?).

Like to get some more opinions, in particular from people with Tri-Ax or Pro5.0 experience in the past.

Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I work for pro 5.0 and the reason why our shifter and Steedas shifters are more expensive is because our shifters are more expensive to make. We both use billet components through out. Our shifters are made to shift better 50,000 miles from now. We even use anodized steel on all of the wearable parts that take the most abuse. We also use a highly porous Teflon material for our center ball. It is the same material that doctors use for hip replacements because it is sooo durable. The Quality of the material also makes it self lubricating. It is permeated with Lucas grease. It took us 2 years just to decide on the best grease to use. We pride ourselves on making the best and we also commend Steeda for coming out with ever better products that help us push ourselves to the limit of technology, Materials, and craftsmanship.