[B]Relocating the coolant reservoir[/B]

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by RedLine01, Jun 13, 2005.

1. RedLine01

RedLine01 New Member

Im installing a intercooler and have to do a lot of cutomizing for it to work properly. I have re-clocked the blower so that it faces the drivers side bottom so that the pipeing would run in front of the motor and wrap around to the front at the bottom and into the intercooler. The discharge side of the intercooler is where it gets tricky, the pipeing will have to wrap around to the back of the radiator, go across alittle behind the radiator and then 45 degrees up adjacent to the discharge pipe and go up underneath the blower and 90 around to pick up the pipe going to the tb. My question is that I think it would not only be cooler air inside the pipe but also easier to install if I relocate the resivor to where the battery used to be and flip the intake to the blower around (180 degrees) so that the filter would sit behind the radiator and off to the drivers side front fender. Then I could run the discharge pipe from the intercooler up thru the fender and into the tb. Has anyone else done this? Our stock coolant resivor is to long to fit between the fuse box and the front headlight assembly does anyone know where I can find one that will fit there?
    Thanks