b303-306-stock heads(ported) gonna work?

black82fiveoh

Founding Member
Jan 4, 2002
madison wisconsin
like the title says... I just bought a 306 on here and it has a b303 in it. the pistons are trw- the notches in the pistons are bigger than stock ones. Will this(cam) work with my stock heads(that im porting)? also- what length pushrod for a stock motor? does the 306 need anything different?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE REPLIES!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys I just posted something similar a while back, I had a b303 in my stock engine with ported heads and intake, it ran well but I needed to pass emissions so out it came. I'm thinking of an ecam now, but I got no response on wether it's a good investment or not. It will work (as long as you have mass air) just don't forget about the springs, I left the stocks in and got wicked valve float.

yes the b cam will work but is not emissions legal. it will work just fine with a basically stock rebuild. you probably want to add some cobra 1.7 rockers or some frpp 1.72's to add some extra lift.

i had the b cam on a 306 a few years ago on some iron gt40's, an edelbrock performer intake, shorty headers, off road pipe, flowmasters, gears. so it is a decent cam to grow with but there are better cams out there these days. it is a proven cam over time though........lots of people still use them.

also your stock push rods will work.......nothing else needs to be changed.