B303 in a 351w

Bill88Stang

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2000
Palm Coast FL
I know it's a tad small for a 351 but the reason I was leaning towards it was due to the oils today not being very kind in flat tappet cams and I can get a b303 from a friend for free by trading some parts. The motor is .030 over with 10:1 forged pistons, mass air conversion since lightnings were not mass air, the kit is running a a9l computer. 65mm throttle body 24 lb injectors with a c@l 80 mm Meter I believe. Had factory gt40 upper and lower intake that was ported to a Felpro 1250 gasket, factory gt40 irons with stock size 1.84 1.54 valves that I ported and polished at home to a1250 intake and 1450 exhaust gasket. Trans us a e40d with a higher stall then stock converter running a baumman trans control since the lightning computer also ran the trans. Has factory aluminum driver shaft and 4.10 rear. I was thinking the cam would work well with those 1.7s maybe advanced 4* degrees to gain back some low end I'd loose

• Sponsors (?)

So is it a roller or a flat tappet block? Either way, take that b-cam, tie a cinder block to it, and drop it in the middle of the closest lake. The cinder block may be overkill, but you can't be too careful.

Once you're done with that, get yourself a real cam, preferably a custom or something like Comp's XE line or a Lunati Voodoo or something like that.

So is it a roller or a flat tappet block? Either way, take that b-cam, tie a cinder block to it, and drop it in the middle of the closest lake. The cinder block may be overkill, but you can't be too careful.

Once you're done with that, get yourself a real cam, preferably a custom or something like Comp's XE line or a Lunati Voodoo or something like that.

+1

good cam for next to free but theyre are plenty of cams to choose from now. the letter cams are pretty dated. you can get a nice cam these days for around $200 bucks.. a B-cam i dont think will work in a flat tappet block....

No the springs have been upgraded and yea it is a roller block. I know it was small I just wanted to use it since it was free and I do not have to worry about the oils today wiping out the cam. With the 1.7's on it the cam will be jut about the same size at what was in there. I was just asking if I should advance it 2 or 4 degrees to help out with the low end that's all

No the springs have been upgraded and yea it is a roller block. I know it was small I just wanted to use it since it was free and I do not have to worry about the oils today wiping out the cam. With the 1.7's on it the cam will be jut about the same size at what was in there. I was just asking if I should advance it 2 or 4 degrees to help out with the low end that's all

You only have to worry about wiping out flat tappet cams. Any roller cam you just stab it and beat the p iss out of it, no worries. Since it is a roller engine, there is no need to have flat tappet anxiety.

By the way, what cam is in it now? I wouldn't worry about losing low end on that thing, you're already running smallish parts, so you only stand to gain everywhere by making improvements to airflow.

I had a 357 with 10:1 cr with a b cam and 1.7 rockers....and it made no power after 4500. Get a different cam.
You said the cam is free....people should pay you to run a B cam these days.
It made great torque very low in the rpm range, but that's about it