Baby Superchargers

I have heard NOTHING about these and and willing to bet its because they suck hard... but i would like to see what your guys reaction to these is. It may sound alot like using a Leaf Blower to Supercharge your car (lol) But still, funny too look at!
Baby Supercharger, How Cute!
Second Baby Supercharger!
"Sounds cool" yeah you gotta love that whiz of an electric fan running underneath your hood... its not even audible one would think (and hope)
So anyway... WHAT THE F**K

• Sponsors (?)

One of my friends actually bought something similar to this off of ebay for his Integra. He was telling me how his Integra is pushing 489 hp at 4500 rpm. He even told me he had it dyno'd but lost the test sheets.

I spit a mouthful of coke in laughter all over his car....

ChingonStang said:
One of my friends actually bought something similar to this off of ebay for his Integra. He was telling me how his Integra is pushing 489 hp at 4500 rpm. He even told me he had it dyno'd but lost the test sheets.

I spit a mouthful of coke in laughter all over his car....

I pit crewed for a 9.8 sec import drag car and I don't think it had that much power.

I know a guy that put an electric supercharger on a 95 5.0 V8 mustang. It was a joke. He told us he had a supercharger and when he took us for a ride we laughed at him. We pulled over the car and had him pop the hood. As he poped it we almost died laughing, i guess it was just a spur of the moment

I was thinking about these again the other day. I am electronics tech and I work with electric motors a lot. First off it would have to be able to blow more PSI then the car engine is sucking in vacuum. If you car pulls (made up number) 5 PSI of vacuum then that fan must blow at least 5 PSI to do nothing but keep up with the stock output of the car. I think if these thing are even capable of producing any real pressure even 2 PSI of boosted pressure that once that pressure builds up the pressure will put more stress and load on the fan and try to stop/slow the fan and the electric motor will have to pull more amps to maintain spinning the fan. I see several things possible 1.the fan draws more amps then you want it to even if you hooked to directly to the battery 2.the electric motor burns up because the electric motor is not capable of pulling enough amps to continue running and it is overloaded trying to fight the pressure. 3.the electric motor is ok while at idle and low RPM with a stick shift when the throttle closes the fan will overload fighting the pressure then at higher RPM the cars engine will try to suck more vacuum pressure then the electric fan can blow thus forcing the fan to spin the electric motor faster then it is spinning(which is going to rob your horsepower, in short the electric motor in this scenario will be ok, then over loaded, then spinning too fast, then overload and back in forth will end the life of any electric motor pretty quick.

I have no experience with these types of kits. In regards to these kits I only have experience with electric motors. I some how doubt that a 12 volt DC electric motor could spin anything fast enough to produce and maintain even 2 PSI and enough CFM's of air to increase the performance of any car. Even if it could maintain the pressure I seriously doubt it could move enough CFM's of air, like an air compressor can blow hundreds of PSI but it is only at 4 CFM's. That fan on the end of that motor is so small it could never blow enough air fast enough to keep up with the cars engine. I might believe that something like a huge electric motor out of a hybrid car could spin a supercharger fast enough and maintain pressure and CFM but then you would need the hybrid cars mega batteries also and then what would be the point.