Back from Houston Raceway Park.. impressed

BigHairyMonkey

Founding Member
Jun 18, 2003
Houston (Bellaire) TX
The cars been running like **** lately (part throttle) so i didnt even want to run but my friend convinced me. Went out there, conditions were alright 80* and 50% humidity. My T-lok has pretty much said bye bye and i literally have the ****tiest tires you can buy (discount tire specials 'roadhuggers' 245/50/16). I really wasnt expecting much as i spin through 2nd on the street but HRP's track prep was amazing like usual. I got it to hook up and ran pretty good for the first time out and pretty much no go-fast mods except gears, cai, and exhaust. All my runs i shifted around 5200-5300 (according to the extra accurate stock tach:rolleyes: )

1st run - Really didnt know what to expect so i went off a 1300rpm slip and it bogged, still ran a pretty decent time. As soon as i saw that slip i knew i wouldn't leave without 13s.

2nd run - launched from 2500 but slipped it too fast broke loose in first but still ran ok as i quickened up my shifts.

3rd run - Launched from 2000 and slipped it perfect. nothing but a few chirps and off she went. Powershifted 3-4 (car really didnt like that my tranny sounded like it was gonna explode, i hate powershifting). Hit a 14.001 and i was like COMON!!:D

4th run - Another good launch from 2k, powershift 3-4, and i finally got my 13 sec pass:D

Runs 5-8 - Later on in the night i tried for some better times and it actually got cooler outside so i figured a 13.8 wasnt far off. However the morons in front of me decided for massive burnouts on street tires and through the waterbox dragging water everwhere:mad: My last 3 runs i spun till 3rd everytime due to some idiot in front of me:nonono: Ran mid 14s w/ like 2.4 60s:nonono:

All in all i was happy, i think with a T-Lok rebuild and some new tires (nitto 555r's) ill go a good 13.6

10696467_1024.ts1179713191000.jpg

• Sponsors (?)