back from the track

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
Well, I did not reach my goal but I only got 2 runs. This is my first time ever.

1st run

60 foot 2.909 :nonono: I was spinning all the way through first.
I2 7.688
1/8th 11.378
MPH 68.323
e.t 17.104 :notnice:
MPH 86.052

I was really angry about this run. I knew i could improve my 60 foot. I just floored it on that run. I had 33psi in my tires. I let them down to 25 for the next one. I also had my timing on 12 but I was pinging all the way. I turned it back down to 10.

2nd run
60 foot 2.327 :shrug:
I2 6.500
1/8th 9.948
MPH 72.265
E.T 15.405
MPH 90.157

I stalled it to about 1800 but I let off of the gas some after going. I know with another run I could have gotten it lower. I also forgot to turn on od

Mods include

street edge 3k
gutted mac h-pipe
flowmasters
K&N
stock 3.27s
sumitomo 315s

I thought that mph on the last run was pretty good. How does it sound for my mods? What do you think I could get with a better 60 foot?

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds right on for your mods. I was running 15.4's @ 90mph with just a CAI and weld-in flowmaster mufflers. 15.2's with 3.73's. Those were all with 2.3 and 2.4 short times. You just need practice.

Think of it this way. In the matter of two runs, you dropped over a second and a half off your 1/4 mile time! Good job! :nice:

CManT1914 said:
That sounds right on for your mods. I was running 15.4's @ 90mph with just a CAI and weld-in flowmaster mufflers. 15.2's with 3.73's. Those were all with 2.3 and 2.4 short times. You just need practice.

Think of it this way. In the matter of two runs, you dropped over a second and a half off your 1/4 mile time! Good job! :nice:

You run 315 htrzs right? What is the best 60 foot you have gotten with them? Also what psi was that at? I know these are not good "track tires" but they were cheap.

If I get to into this I might buy slicks or drag radials.

My best 60' was a 2.2 set at 35psi IIRC. Yea, they SUCK at the track, but hook decent on the street, and they are CHEAP.

FWIW, the HTRZ II's hook better at the track. I pulled some 2.1's with my BALD 255's!! when I had them on.

You definately have alot left in there, 14's will be there with more practice. Mine went 14.9 pretty stock (timing, removed air silencer) and i'm hoping to take it to the track in a couple weeks after I get my FMS tune up kit, and now have catback and hpipe as well.....yours definately has mid 14 second potential with that stall and some better tires.

1Bad89Coupe said:
You definately have alot left in there, 14's will be there with more practice. Mine went 14.9 pretty stock (timing, removed air silencer) and i'm hoping to take it to the track in a couple weeks after I get my FMS tune up kit, and now have catback and hpipe as well.....yours definately has mid 14 second potential with that stall and some better tires.

Is timing the reason your mph is higher than mine? Or do I need practice to get that up too?

Should I lower the psi more? Or is 25 good enough?