Back from the track...

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
Man, it was fun. I did terrible, but it was awesome. My best was [email protected], with a 1.9521 60 foot. I have alot of practicing to do, and I need better suspension. People with 245 street tires were cutting 1.8s there. My best reaction time was .2000, but I had a 2.09 60 foot. I started at 15psi in the tires, but once I cut them down to 11, they hooked alot better. I'm going again this Wednesday, and I'm taking out my sub and amp, and backseat. I'll have some crappy vids up soon, too.

EDIT: Here are those videos. On the video of just the burnout, the camera died, so the last run was recorded with my cameraphone from the stands. That ended up being my best run, with the other guy asleep at the tree.

13.70 Run

13.69 Run, and it came out of 1st on the burnout :notnice:

*Burnout Video before the camera died.* I went sideways on the burnout pad :D

Aaand, the last run. Cameraphone quality, and it was right in front of the speaker, so sorry about the blaring Queen.
13.637 Run

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! It's actually a 5 speed. The crap TR-3650.

do you know what the density altitude was, or at least the temp and humidity?

I think the MPH is a bit low for the mods you have. Where are you shifting the car at? What gear do you have and at what RPM are you going through the traps?

The times should be waaay better, but it was my first time ever. My car has 4.10s, Detroit Locker, 31 spline axles, Girdle, BFG DRs in 315/35/17, polished Professional Products 75mm TB and upper plenum, fenderwell cold air intake, 12lb aluminum flywheel, SCT X3 93 octane custom tune by Lasotta Racing, offroad Prochamber, dumped Flows at the axle, and an MGW. My drag radials are bald as eggs, and my PCV hose had sucked itself flat, so it was idling really weird. I tried launching at 5k, but it was alot of wheelspin, and I ended up with a 2.09 60 foot. I tried slipping the clutch a little and left at 3k, and it helped. I know, I need to work on my reaction/60 foot! I'll post a few of the slips tomorrow. Not sure on track elevation; it's Milan Dragway in Milan, MI.

My best slip looks like this:

Reaction --- + .4080
60 ft ------- 1.9521
330 ft ------ 5.7019
1/8 ET ----- 8.7739
1/8 MPH --- 79.80
1000' ET --- 11.4132
1000' MPH-- 92.74
1/4 ET ------ 13.6370
1/4 MPH ---- 101.32

3.0871 1st Finish

Also, I was shifting between 5500 and 6000. I won 5 of the 6 races, but that one loss, I panicked when the guy edged past me and took 3rd to like 6300. That didn't really help at all.

bfg's should be bald, the less tread on them, the better they are. I would shift the car right at 6k. The difference between shifting at 55-5600 and 6k is a good tenth or more right there, and might be a reason for the low mph.

Your def on the right track. Im sure you will cut 2-3 tenths the next time out.

Man, it was fun. I did terrible, but it was awesome. My best was [email protected], with a 1.9521 60 foot. I have alot of practicing to do, and I need better suspension. People with 245 street tires were cutting 1.8s there. My best reaction time was .2000, but I had a 2.09 60 foot. I started at 15psi in the tires, but once I cut them down to 11, they hooked alot better. I'm going again this Wednesday, and I'm taking out my sub and amp, and backseat. I'll have some crappy vids up soon, too.

I wish the track prep was that good where I race.

A trip to the strip is always fun. I still havnt hit the times I want yet (hoping for 13.50's) but im not that far off.

Youll get there, the 1st time is a learning experience, after that all the skill will come to you.

My first time out I ran a 15.01... hahaha. I shifted at 4500 RPM or so, I was scared to beat on the car.