Back Lower Than Front

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by 88GThatchback, Dec 18, 2003.

1. 88GThatchback

88GThatchback Founding Member

I put in some eibach pro springs in my 88 about 3 months ago. When looking at it from the side the back looks lower than the front. If I measure from fender to ground, the back is actually 1/8" higher. If I measure from the ground effect to the ground the back is 1/2" lower and it looks bad. I was wondering what everyone thinks about machining some spacers to go under the rear springs on the control arms? They would be made out of aluminum and be about 1/2" thick. Other than that, what else could I do to level it out other than buying new springs?

Thanks,
    Clay G.

2. Blue347stang

Blue347stang New Member

I have the same springs and the same problem. After a couple miles of use the front will lower a bit. But what I did notice yesterday, I removed my quad shocks since I have upper and lower controls and the back of the car is a bit higher now :shrug: .

3. 88GThatchback

88GThatchback Founding Member

Well my springs have been in for a while so they arent going to get any lower. I also have new upper and lower control arms and have removed the quads.

4. SuperStang83

SuperStang83 Founding Member

Cut the fronts! Just make sure you take the same amount out of both sides!

Jakob

5. BADPONYsc

BADPONYsc Founding Member

I have the Eibach "drag-launch" kit and it's the same way but worse. The rear is a little lower than stock and the front is a good 2" higher. I've been told that's the way this kit should be, for weight transfer... although Eibach doesn't mention the height difference anywhere. I may end up cutting the front springs.
    In the past, I've used a cool product from Global West... exactly what you're talking about, an aluminum spacer. I used mine to fix the classic "drivers-side-lean" problem. Very nice machined pieces. here's the link...

http://www.globalwest.net/mustang 79-98.htm#Rear spring perch spacers

Hope this helps and good luck with it! :nice:

6. 88stangracer

88stangracer New Member

ez fix

My 88 was doing the same thing, so I took the cheap way out. Went to Autozone and got some spring isolators. You just take a 1/2 inch extension and twist them in between a coil in the spring. It raised the back end up about 1/2 - 3/4 inch and evened everything out. Cost no more than $.