Bad brakes symptoms but not brakes

UTGAMER

Feb 26, 2010
Dalton, GA
Took my car into shop before rebuild and got my brakes checked bc when I brake it feels like im in the rotors but he said its not my brakes it was something else. I cant remember and was hoping yall might know what it is. It was something behind rear rotors said would also need to replace calipers. The thing he showed me looked like tank treads kinda that go on the gear looking part of other side of rotor. Sorry for the sloppy info

• Sponsors (?)

So what is the actual symptom?

The wheel sensors use inductance - there is nothing that threads around the tone ring.

Could be the sliders on the rear calipers are jammed. The rubber dust covers could be described as tank treads. If the sliders are jammed the rear brakes will apply unevenly.

The symptoms are bad brakes .Its a metal to metal feeling occasionally and when it happens I can pump brakes a few times and it goes away. The tank treads I described is like a belt back there its not on

I think we're all talking about the same thing. The geared wheel is called a tone ring.

What is your tone ring hitting?

If the noise comes and goes, it's more likely to be brake pad or rotor related IMHO.

I dont know exactly what its hitting. It sounds like chains rattling though. Or that may be my clutch fork cause it makes noise too lol. When he showed me at the shop it just looked like a belt type piece, but I believe theres more to it than that. I guess Ill just buy the whole hub piece if I can? And do it myself if it dont need machined? Is it called a bearing hub assembly?