Bad day for the stang

bluextc

Feb 12, 2006
South Jersey
At work I park in the back lot, as far from the building and other cars as you can, and the guy with the one other mustang parks next to me. Only a few other cars park in this lot, all because they are people who care about keeping their cars in decent shape. In the middle of the day, while out on my route, the station sends a message accross "Construction on the back parking lot started today. Please don't park there tomorrow". So I spend the rest of the day stressed about the car and come back to find they were using the jackhammer on the cement 8 ft from my car, and it's covered in cement dust :mad:
Someone else already pulled a manager out there to complain (and it's funny, she told me that she told him he might want to go home before I and the other stang owner got back, cause he probably didn't want to deal with us once we saw our cars, haha). Anyway, all he said to me as I was flipping out was "do you have a good layer of wax?" Well, I don't, because I just removed the pinstripes and had to take the wax off to get ready to put the new ones on.
I'm gonna try to get my hood re-painted out of this, I think. They could have let us know a day in advance. :nonono:
Sorry it's so long, just needed to vent..

• Sponsors (?)

streethorse said:
Is your paint actually scratched.........

On the hood, yes 1 scratch that's not deep plus one small chip, but not from today :rolleyes: but I'm pretty mad about the thick layer of concrete dust, and I'm pretty sure there are a few extra marks on the front bumper, but doubt they would be willing to fix that, since it already had quite a few before today. I'm going out to re-wash it tomorrow morning at 5 (just washed it Tues), so I can see if there's any more damage before I go to work at 7.

wow thats sucks, but look at the bright side, you didn't get a $450 speeding ticket on your way home from an out of state trip, and then blow out one of your spark plugs 100 miles from home...then spend the next 2 hours of driving with a lawnmower sound coming out of your engine....then get home and find out that you will be driving on 7 cylinders for at least 1-2 weeks before you can get new heads to show up from anywhere, then spend a day or so trying to figure out how to do your own head swap because you don't have the money left to have a shop do it, because you maxed your CC just to get the new heads! so the moral is...it could always be worse:bang: :bang:

nwapache said:
wow thats sucks, but look at the bright side, you didn't get a $450 speeding ticket on your way home from an out of state trip, and then blow out one of your spark plugs 100 miles from home...then spend the next 2 hours of driving with a lawnmower sound coming out of your engine....then get home and find out that you will be driving on 7 cylinders for at least 1-2 weeks before you can get new heads to show up from anywhere, then spend a day or so trying to figure out how to do your own head swap because you don't have the money left to have a shop do it, because you maxed your CC just to get the new heads! so the moral is...it could always be worse:bang: :bang:
Wow, and I was gonna complain cause there was a new stang in the lot today (v6) and I found out my arch-enemy at work is the proud new owner, but I think I'll just stop complaining now after reading that. Sorry to hear about your luck... :(

the lime in the concrete is only dangerous if it gets wet without being washed off. Otherwise you should be ok. Rinse it good and clean the air filter for good measure.