Bad day...

XStang302x

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2000
Marietta, GA
Well...I hope I'm worrying over nothing but a carb tuning issue. But basically I've been trying to fine tune this new edelbrock, pretty much under the impression I need to rejet and change out metering rods for it to be right. But I was driving to my other job today, carb was all screwed up and backfiring after I adjusted it yesterday and had it running quite well. No biggie...just be easy on the throttle and no problems. Go to leave from a stop light and I hear this god awful noise from the rear (radio was on so hard to tell exactly what it was). Of course I freak out and start listening for anything. I thought I noticed more rear end noise like I broke some teeth or something...but driveability didn't seem any different. Pulled over and checked tranny fluid level...all seemed right....nothing pouring out of the rearend (not that that means it's fine). Luckily the weather was nice and I was only 3 miles from home...so I turn around to head back and get the bike. Once I started to calm back down, aside from carb issues, all seemed normal rearend wise.

I dont know...I'm praying it was just a bad back fire, as I wasn't hard on the throttle....hell it was barely opened. I dunno...we'll see tomorrow after work :shrug:

Definitly can't afford a rearend right now :(

-Frank

• Sponsors (?)